1. ET1
    Will any sd card work in a Treo 650 - e.g. SanDisk Ultra?

Thank you.
    You might want to search on that one. I think there have been quite a few posts about various SD cards. Try the Accessories forum.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    SanDisk Ultra II is an excellent card. Fast & reliable. Buy.com had a deal going on, not sure if they still do.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    What size are you looking for? I had bad experiences with 2 sandisk cards, so I stopped buying them (though that was a few years ago). Then I bought a 512mb Kingston, a 1gb Lexar, and recently I bought an ADATA 2gb card after reading the positive feedbacks in the accessories forum. The Kingston card was great. As for the Lexar card, I had to exchange it for a working card because I bought a defective one.

Like Tony said, search in the accessories forum and you should find more information.
    Last edited by naivete; 11/09/2005 at 11:21 AM.
    I just bought a SanDisk 1GB regular blue card on Saturday and I have put items on it with no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    What size are you looking for? I had bad experiences with 2 sandisk cards, so I stopped buying them (though that was a few years ago). Then I bought a 512mb Kingston, a 1gb Lexar, and recently I bought an ADATA 2gb card after reading the positive feedbacks in the accessories forum. The Kingston card was great. As for the Lexar card, I had to exchange it for a working card because I bought a defective one.

Like Tony said, search in the accessories forum and you should find more information.
    How much did you pay for your 2 gig card?
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    How much did you pay for your 2 gig card?
    I got mine from newegg. At the time, I believe I got it for $122 plus shipping. They did offer a $10 MIR at one time, but I missed it.
    Thanks,

looking at buying a new card is just like buying a new device. I would like more room but bigger cards are just around the corner along with a new device that mya read bigger cards ao a different type of card, mini or stick, decisions decisions.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    Thanks,

looking at buying a new card is just like buying a new device. I would like more room but bigger cards are just around the corner along with a new device that mya read bigger cards ao a different type of card, mini or stick, decisions decisions.
    Just in case you decide to get the ADATA card, you will want to follow instructions from mozilla. Also, someone over at another thread is trying out a new 4gb card from ADATA using a FAT32 driver copied from the Lifedrive.

Quote Originally Posted by mozilla
    I have a Corsair 133x 2GB. From CardInfo, the Device Id is "ADATA_01000004000607", so maybe it's really a rebadged A-DATA.

I formatted the card in my Treo, plugged it in my PC, and the PC froze. So I tried my Treo, but it also froze. I then tried my Linux box. Froze. I tried all sorts of combinations, and I almost gave up....

Then I plugged it back in Windows and waited 5 minutes or so. I noticed that the green LED on my card reader eventually lit up solid green. I didn't want to click on anything in Explorer, because I know it'll lock up again. So I opened up a Command Prompt ("DOS" Console), and typed "FORMAT H: /V:MYCARD /FS:FAT /X", waited another 5 minutes or so.

And now it works everywhere!

So... I think maybe the Treo creates a bad filesystem on the card. I've never had a problem before with 1GB cards, so this may be specific to 2GB cards. If you are having problems because you formatted your card on your Treo, try formatting it on Windows. You may have to be patient and wait 5 minutes or until your card reader's LED indicates a "ready" status. I think Windows gives up trying to read the filesystem after retrying/locking for 5 minutes.

Good luck.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buldawg
    I just bought a SanDisk 1GB regular blue card on Saturday and I have put items on it with no problems.
    I just bought a Kingston 512 SD card for $29 with a $6 dollar rebate at www.chiefvalue.com. They also gave FREE FedEx 2nd day delivery! I found them on www.pricewatch.com and had great service. I got the card the next day.

Card seems to be working great, but I am having trouble with an Atech Flash card reader. I can read the card on the card reader built into my printer and the Treo recognizes it no problem so I am thinking there is a problem with the portable reader.