Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    help! My treo 650 crashed and I didn;t have my settings written down! Can anyone help me configure versamail for roadrunner with a sprint account!

    Thanks again,
    Howard
  2. #2  
    Howard,

    I have a 650 w/ roadrunner and my settings are as follows:

    Account Name - your choice
    Mail server - other
    Protocol - POP
    Username - whats in front of "username"@city.rr.com
    Password - your password
    E-mail address - your roadrunner address
    Incoing mail servier - pop-server.city.rr.com
    Outgoing mail server - smtp-server.city.rr.com

    Good luck.

    JoeM.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeM.
    Howard,

    I have a 650 w/ roadrunner and my settings are as follows:

    Account Name - your choice
    Mail server - other
    Protocol - POP
    Username - whats in front of "username"@city.rr.com
    Password - your password
    E-mail address - your roadrunner address
    Incoing mail servier - pop-server.city.rr.com
    Outgoing mail server - smtp-server.city.rr.com

    Good luck.

    JoeM.
    I have the identical setup, but when I try to send I get:
    550.5.7.1 <email@address.com>.... Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by nisslow02
    I have the identical setup, but when I try to send I get:
    550.5.7.1 <email@address.com>.... Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]
    Looks like Roadrunner doesn't allow relaying. Use your carrier's SMTP server instead.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    Looks like Roadrunner doesn't allow relaying. Use your carrier's SMTP server instead.
    something along these lines?

    10digitphonenumber@mobile.mycingular.com as the SMTP?
  6. #6  
    Cingular 10digitphonenumber@cingularme.com
    Cingular Wireless 10digitphonenumber@mycingular.textmsg.com
    Cingular Wireless 10digitphonenumber@mobile.mycingular.com
    Cingular Wireless 10digitphonenumber@mobile.mycingular.net

    Can't get any of these to work. Any suggestions?
  7. #7  
    Here is something else I found -

    On the Cingular network you can use cwmx.com (preferred, no footer added) or photo.mycingular.com (adds a photo messaging footer) as an outgoing SMTP server. Since you're authenticated by being on the Cingular wireless network, no further authentication is required.

Posting Permissions