1.    #1  
    I recently started using Chatter on my Treo 650 (VZN) with an IMAP account. The IMAP account works perfectly with my two computers, but as soon as I turn on Chatter my computers are no longer able to receive email. I have Chatter set to Offline and QSync every 30 minutes. I don't get any errors on my desktop email client (OSX Mail), the msgs just don't show up. I have my .Mac acct set up as well and it works fine and I also have my gmail acct set up (POP) and it also works.

Any ideas?

Kurt
    I am a Chatter/IMAP person too. I went through something similar to your experience recently.

The answer in my case was that the implementation of IMAP on my mailserver would only permit one connection from a mail client at a time. I understand that some variants of IMAP may permit multiple email clients to connect to a mail account simultaneously, but not my mailserver.

What I would do is that if my workstation was online, as soon as Chatter fired up it would bump my workstation's IMAP connection offline. (Pushy little program, that Chatter). I could manually sync my workstation to the mailserver, but would consistently get error messages from my workstation's mail client (Outlook 2003) telling me the IMAP connection was closed. Like once a minute.

The short, nontechnical solution: if I'm sitting at my desk, Chatter is offline even if the Treo is on. If I'm not at my desk, Chatter is online, and try to remember to take Outlook offline.
  3.    #3  
    That seems to be the explanation of the problem that I have come to, but it seems odd that I can have both of my computers connecting to the server without conflict, but Chatter causes problems. Ah well, thanks for the solution.

Kurt
    Many IMAP servers have a setting to determine the number of incoming simultaneous connections to allow. You may want to ask your mail host to up that setting to a higher number. Keep in mind that every "online" folder, both in Chatter and a desktop client, equals 1 connection.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
  5.    #5  
    I agree except my two desktops sync perfectly. I'll ask our IT guy if he has any ideas.

Kurt