1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Just yesterday, I received ANOTHER Seidio car cradle for my Treo 650! Those guys NEVER sleep! They call it the G2350. It shares its big brotherís most major feature (see the thread about the G4850): a built-in SiRF Star III chipset which really DOES capture 3D positioning within 60 seconds (Iíve already tried and confirmed that one!). For those of you not following my drift, the GPS chipset is BUILT RIGHT INTO THE CRADLE ITSELF! Lots less wires and charging cables to worry about. Picture this: you install your Tom Tom software to your Treo, whistle a happy tune, go out to your car, plug the Treo into the car cradle and presto! Thereís your position within a minute or less on the face of your Treo! Other nice to have goodies include separate LEDs for power on and GPS status and a DC out port. Get this: the DC out port will support a cable that will be available from Seidio to charge your Palm made B/T headset as well! Talk about multitasking! It doesnít have a built-in speaker like the G4850 does, but the coolest part (to me, beside the GPS thing) is that you can use your Bluetooth headset while the Treo is in the cradle! No more being strapped to a wired headset, youíre really free! Whether you have an older GPS device, or are in the market for a 1st time setup, this is the way to go!
  2. MMT
    Sounds good. My worry with any device like this is that it's not future-proof. What happens when you get a new Treo that doesn't quite fit in the cradle? What if you want to use it with a Pocket PC as well? Seems like BT and serial GPS are going to be better if you ever want to use the GPS with something other than Treo. But for convenience and ease of setup, this sounds like a great option.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by MMT
    Sounds good. My worry with any device like this is that it's not future-proof. What happens when you get a new Treo that doesn't quite fit in the cradle? What if you want to use it with a Pocket PC as well? Seems like BT and serial GPS are going to be better if you ever want to use the GPS with something other than Treo. But for convenience and ease of setup, this sounds like a great option.
    True - but who can predict the future? If you get any customized car cradle and change devices, you need a new cradle - right?? Your outlay will be more for a specialized device with GPS built-in, but aren't some people going to upgrade chipsets or GPS receivers when the NEXT generation comes out? You're right, this is a great way to multitask your Treo, but there are always other scenarios. I'm SURE accessory makers are looking forward to seeing whether they are still dealing with the "universal" palm connector or not with the Treo 700w! I still don't understand why all of us palm users have so few GPS software choices; heck, I thought we were the majority of PDA users for a long time!!
    Quote Originally Posted by trip
    True - but who can predict the future? If you get any customized car cradle and change devices, you need a new cradle - right?? Your outlay will be more for a specialized device with GPS built-in, but aren't some people going to upgrade chipsets or GPS receivers when the NEXT generation comes out? You're right, this is a great way to multitask your Treo, but there are always other scenarios. I'm SURE accessory makers are looking forward to seeing whether they are still dealing with the "universal" palm connector or not with the Treo 700w! I still don't understand why all of us palm users have so few GPS software choices; heck, I thought we were the majority of PDA users for a long time!!
    Do not get me started on Palm connectors. They are a tax on using Palms. Everytime I buy a new Palm, I have to order new cables. (It is a given that Palm cables suck.) BT helps. I have two BT GPSs. One is a conversion to BT of the iTrek that used a 600 cable. I prefer BT to any cable or device that uses a Palm interface. I am comfortable that my BT devices will work with the next generation of Palms.
    Trip,

Does the G2350 have an Audio Output jack so I can wire it into the Aux Input on my Car Stereo.

That's a great feature of the G2500 (so I can listen to mp3's, GPS commands and Calls through the stereo)...but what the G2500 is sorely lacking is the ability to support calls through a Headset...

I'll swap out my G2500 is this thing also have audio out (trading the ability to use a B/T headset and giving up the external speaker)

Thx
    Steve
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Can those who call you hear you well using the mic?
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant