1.    #1  
    I just installed Palm Desktop from the Palm website after installing a new computer in my office, and just sync'd to Outlook with all my contacts, calendar, memo, and todo list items. All went fine... but now I see that none of my Photos went to the Treo 650.

And I now see that there is no Media option on the Palm Desktop. After spending over an hour setting up the new computer and Treo, is there a way to get the Media conduit up and running without reinstalling everything?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

David
    You need the version off the CD. Palms website tells you this on their download page:
    *If possible, LifeDrive, Treo 650, Zire 72 and Zire 31 users should use the version of Palm Desktop which came on the CD with their device. Although this download is compatible with these handhelds, additional conduits and applications are included on the CD version.
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...esk42.html#req
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    Ok - how should I proceed? Do I need to uninstall the Palm Desktop and install the old version? And if so, what happens to all the information on my Treo now (applications, data, etc)? Is it possible to just add this conduit to the existing install?
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidA
    Ok - how should I proceed? Do I need to uninstall the Palm Desktop and install the old version? And if so, what happens to all the information on my Treo now (applications, data, etc)? Is it possible to just add this conduit to the existing install?
    You will probably have to uninstall. I don't know for sure, but I can see you getting some error message about "This version is older than the current version installed..."

Your Treo will be safe. Once you install the other version of Desktop, and perform your first sync, everything will migrate over. (Treo to Desktop)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5.    #5  
    Thanks - but do I need to do a hard reset first? Otherwise, how does the synch work between Outlook and the Treo after reinstalling the Palm Desktop?

Palm really should keep their current online version complete. This is really ridiculous.
    I had the same problem, but the original CD from Sprint does not seem to work with my new PC - it hangs midway. Is there anywhere I can get the conduit for pictures?
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidA
    Thanks - but do I need to do a hard reset first? Otherwise, how does the synch work between Outlook and the Treo after reinstalling the Palm Desktop?

Palm really should keep their current online version complete. This is really ridiculous.
    No you don't need to do a hard reset. After a reinstall the Windows Registry and the Palm Desktop should know that it was a reinstall.

And to keep the current online version complete? Nope - not all devices that use the Palm Desktop have support on board for media - hence the reason it's incomplete. Many older devices don't have media support.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    My Palm Desktop looks okay (has a "media" button). However, there is no "media" conduit in the hotsync. Is there any way to just add that conduit or must I reinstall the entire Palm Desktop? If I need to reinstall the entire desktop, is there anything I need to do to save all my preferences and settings as they relate to the other hotsync conduits that I've configured?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by mdezrin
    My Palm Desktop looks okay (has a "media" button). However, there is no "media" conduit in the hotsync. Is there any way to just add that conduit or must I reinstall the entire Palm Desktop? If I need to reinstall the entire desktop, is there anything I need to do to save all my preferences and settings as they relate to the other hotsync conduits that I've configured?

Thanks!
    Must reinstall the entire Palm Desktop....nothing special to do all should be fine since the preferences etc are saved in the Windows Registry.
    Moose Man
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Ok, I did a reinstall and it gave me an option for "Repair". After that process completed, I looked at the list of conduits and I have one for Media and one for Treo Pictures? I don't recall my boss having both, just "Media". Wasn't Treo Pictures for the 600? I've disabled it. Is there any way to delete the conduit?

If I uninstall the entire desktop and reinstall it, how would I reinstall the conduits for applications like Versamail, Act, etc.?

Thanks,

Mark
    Even if you uninstall the entire desktop and reinstall it that Pictures conduit is likely to stay there and reappear. This is a problem with the Windows Registry and unistallations.

I think at this time - if I were you - I'd just disable that Pictures conduit and not worry about it. There is no harm no foul in this case since you'd have to do a lot of other reinstallation with the Versamail and Act conduits.
    Moose Man
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpongeBob
    I had the same problem, but the original CD from Sprint does not seem to work with my new PC - it hangs midway. Is there anywhere I can get the conduit for pictures?

I am having the very same problem while trying to do a retroactive Hotsync install from the factory CD. I get the error message:

Error 1316: A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\palmOne.msi

Even when I tried to uninstall Hotsync/Palm Desktop, I got the same error message.

Anyone have suggestions on how to successfully reinstall or even a backdoor to installing the missing conduits (media, documents-to-go, etc) and components that are on the CD? This is incredibly frustrating
    My CD will not work with my new computer and I cannot get my photos off my computer. Please, has anyone figured out what to do?
    k, I have no idea why they felt the need to leave out parts from their download, but here is what you can do if you are missing original CD:

Go register with Palm PluggedIn Developer program (http://pluggedin.palm.com/regac/pluggedin/login.jsp) and go to downloads - there you will find the 650 Desktop Software for your provider, it should have the media conduits. Make sure you UNINSTALL you existing version of Palm Desktop first, otherwise you will not be able to install the other version.

HTH
    Quote Originally Posted by lbcheng
    I am having the very same problem while trying to do a retroactive Hotsync install from the factory CD. I get the error message:

Error 1316: A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\palmOne.msi

Even when I tried to uninstall Hotsync/Palm Desktop, I got the same error message.

Anyone have suggestions on how to successfully reinstall or even a backdoor to installing the missing conduits (media, documents-to-go, etc) and components that are on the CD? This is incredibly frustrating
    I'm having this EXACT problem. Have you or anyone else found a solution to this?
    Make sure you UNINSTALL you existing version of Palm Desktop first, otherwise you will not be able to install the other version.

Just to make it more clear, if you tried to install one on top of another, you will get it all screwed up - reinstall the downloaded copy - it should install and then uninstall it. Once your machine is clean of ANY copy, install the branded one.
    Try NOT checking the automatic updates dialog in the Desktop setup application. I tried that and my Verizon CD worked just fine.

(I have two Treo's, one for my wife and one for me, bought almost a year apart, and neither CD worked until I tried it without the updates box checked)

Go figure!

b.b.
    Ah! I understand that the palm desktop software I download online does not include the media conduit, but I can't seem to find where I put my Palm Desktop CD for my 755p. Where do I find the software? I looked everywhere on the Developer site, still no luck! Thanks!