Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Can someone please help me? I keep getting a fatal Error on my Sprint Treo 650 with the following message:

Fatal Error

c:\build\release\maxwell\4_5_0\build_65\client_server_all\gx\system\src\palm\gxdevicepalm.cpp:238

GX_ASSERT in ffs2.cpp@1529

I have done a hard reset and the only apps I have installed are Uninstall Manager and GoodLink and I still get the message. I work for a company that has Palm developers and no one knows what this is. Has anyone received this error or something similar.

I have the lastest Sprint ROM update also. The directory path mentioned above is not on the laptop I sync with either.
    Last edited by tcatnat; 10/13/2005 at 02:33 PM.
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    bump for help. This error is driving me nuts.
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
    I have no solution but I am experiencing the same exact problem. The only way I can make this PoS phone stable is too *NOT* run GoodLink. There are absolutely incompatibilities with Sprint's T650, FW 1.12 and GoodLink. If you find a solution, I'd be most interested in it. I have gone around this board and all over the Internet looking for answers. I've installed DBCache and that didnt matter. I took the phone to the local Sprint store which was a complete waste of time (they told me to hard reset the phone to revert back to old firmware), and they would not swap the phone in case it was hw issue.

Like I said - running GoodLink is killing the Treo so I simply cannot run it. I feel your pain.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    I have done several more hard resets and only had GoodLink installed. My solution now is my compnay is swapping out my Treo for another unit. I belive the new unit will have an older ROM wersion. If it does I am leaving it and will see if that works. The strange thing is that none of my colleagues are experiencing this and we have about 25 Treo's with GoodLink. However, I think I'm the only one with the 1.12 ROM. I'll post here once I get my new Treo and have had time to use it.
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
    I'll be interested to know if the older ROM makes a difference. Thanks.

At my workplace, we have hundreds of GoodLink users and ONLY the Sprint-T650 folks are experiencing this. All the Cingular users (about 80%) have no problems whatsoever.
    I get that once in a great while - maybe once ever 2 months or so (I'm on Sprint). Best I can tell, when it happens there isn't enough free memory (perhaps just contiguous free memory) for GL to get initialized completely. After a reset, I run GL before any other apps to avoid what I think is the problem. After GL is up, I can run most anything else (subject to free cache memory anyway - a separate problem).

Since it sounds like you've done the hard reset/reprovision thing a couple of times, have you tried rolling back to GL 4.0.0.59 (the previous release). I didn't see much value in 4.5, so I've stayed at 4.0 and it's been stable for me.