1. Wex
    Hi guys and gals

I'm new to your forum and the reason is quite simple... I just bought my first palm product. Frankly I'm pretty scared after reading all the bad press on the treo 600 and 650. So far I haven't had too much problem except for the fact that palm simply won't answer my questions

Anyway, may be you guys can help me since a lot of you seem knowledgeable with this product.

I have a bell mobility treo 600 it's a CDMA and not a GSM. Don't know if that changes anything, but I'll tell you all I know.
    My sole problem so far is when trying to answer a second call...
    I'm talking to a customer and I get this sound alarm telling me some1 else is trying to reach me. So there already I know it's not my phone provider cause otherwise I wouldn't getting the alarm in the first place. Manual says I should put the first call on wait and once that is done press the key take second call which will appear on my touch screen. Well that key just doesn't appear and if I press answer I just return to my first call. Frankly I don't really know what the problem is.

My phone service provider was very friendly and gave me all the help they could, but they didn't have the answer. Since then I've been trying to reach Palm, but they just refer me back to my phone provider

Thank you for your help!
    Same phone, same provider (I would be interested to know what firmware version you have i.e. 1.01 BMO).

Anyway, just answer the 2'nd call. It automatically puts the 1'st caller on hold until either the 1'st caller hangs up, or until you hang up on the 2'nd caller.

If you hang up on the 2'nd caller but they stay on the line, then I believe that is putting the 2'nd caller on hold, and gets you back to the 1'st caller.

3. Wex
    Nope that doesn't work. I don't get the answer call option and when I try the preset button it does nothing either. I'm rather puzzled by all this and will most surely become very angry in the near future if I don't find a solution to my problem.
    What do you see on the screen when the second call comes in?
  5. Wex
    Hang up, compose, hands free, call waiting, compose and mute.
    That's all.
    Version is 1.01-BMO
    Hmmmm. Let's start by eliminating the obvious.

1. Are you sure the "alarm"you're hearing is for a second call? If yes, proceed
    2. Are the options you see what the manual says you should see when a second call comes in? (I'm asking becuase I have a GSM and it could be different)
    3. If so, what happens when you push the "Call Waiting" optionwhen the second call comes in?
  7. Wex
    Ok.
    1.Yes I'm sure the alarm is for a second call because I'm the one doing both calls and this alarm always occurs 2-3 seconds after I've finished composing from my standard phone.
    2. My manual says I should see appear a second line button which I can press to take the second call. That's, obviously, where I have a problem. That option simply doesn't appear.
    3. I get the sound alarm. That's all... The other caller is forwarded to my voice mail after 4 rings.
    Sorry I haven't been of help. It may be worth checking the Palm website for a firmware upgrade/update.
    Did you speak with Bell's Data Centre (Canadian spelling), or their regular folks? Is call waiting a "pay for" feature? Can't remember myself. Their Data Centre deals with the Treo.

The steps I listed above currently work for me.
  10. Wex
    Yeah I did talk with Bell to see if my call-waiting service was activated, and it was. We ran some tests and everything from their side was working and so like any good service provider they sent me off to Palm customer service which is none-existant! Yeah I've been there and back, which is why I'm asking my question on all the treo forums out there! So far, this has been the best place
    Pfff talk about POS. I simply don't have the patience or the time for this guizmo.
    This thing isn't saving me time! It's making me lose some
    Being the guy who should attend anger-management classes I'm thinking sending the thing back to Palm buried in a smelly pile of s***

Oh the sweet thoughts going through my mind at the moment
    Quote Originally Posted by Wex
    Hang up, compose, hands free, call waiting, compose and mute.
    That's all.
    Version is 1.01-BMO
    What's Compose? When I'm on a call, my display is: Hang Up, Speaker Phone, Hold, Open Dial Pad View, and Mute.

From Bell's Manual (I know, you've already been there):

Answering a second call (call waiting)

When you are on an active call, you can receive a second call. When the second call comes in, the Call Waiting dialog appears, giving you the following options for handling the second call:
    To place the current call on hold and answer the new call, use the 5-way navigation control to choose Answer.
    To send the new call to voicemail, use the 5-way navigation control to choose Ignore.
  12. Wex
    Compose equivalent to numpad.
    Yeah I should be getting the hold and take second line button but I don't. I just have call waiting and when I use it, it just puts the guy on hold and me looking for the switch calls button which never appears.
    You know, come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen the "Call Waiting Dialog" appear either. Wierd. I'll do some testing on the weekend (when I get home from being on the road in the US), and report back later in the weekend.

...sure would be nice if Bell Mobility gave us a firmware update.
  14. Wex
    True, but that's what I call wishful thinking. Might as well wish upon a star if you ask me.
    I ran into the same problem. When I added call display to my account call waiting started to work perfectly just as described here in the discussion and in the manual.
  16. Wex
    Quote Originally Posted by dmann
    I ran into the same problem. When I added call display to my account call waiting started to work perfectly just as described here in the discussion and in the manual.
    Thank you so much!
    Solution worked perfectly!
    Bell support was flabergasted by this and thanks you for the help, they weren't even aware of such a problem! Well now they know and I expect that they'll advise futur users that it is useless to take call waiting unless you also get call display...
    tx again m8