1.    #1  
    I've had my Verizon 600 for about a year. I was on the train like I do every day listening to music on pTunes. The music stopped. I looked at the Treo and the screen was off which is normal. I tried turning it back on and the device reset. Ok, fine, this happens often. When it came back on, everything was completely reset like the day I took it out of the box!

WHY?? What could I have possibly done to make this happen? I'm in the process of re-syncing now hoping to get everything back.

Thanks.
    you mean it did a hard reset by itself or did it just burn your preferences ? my preferences have been wiped out a couple of times but never did it hard reset..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    AdamF,

Mine did the same thing, I posted here couple of weeks ago and got nothing, guess it hasn't happened to anyone else.
    Good thing I have backup man and do scheduled backups several times a day.
    I still have no clue why it did that, didn't know it could.

Tippy
    Mine will do a soft reset sometimes after ptunes. I think they just have some prob with the progy and the treo. Never did a hard reset though
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  5.    #5  
    This was a hard reset. Everything was gone. All data, settings, everything! Just like the day I took it out of the box. Just as if you held the power button and then said "Yes erase all data".

The interesting thing is, I just did a re-sync and was able to restore everything. But, the first time I tried to sync it timed out on PocketTunes.PRC. I removed that from the Backup folder so that it would not resync and everything then worked fine. I also got a hangup when trying to resync the Wireless Sync stuff.
    damn.. that sucks.. better get backupman or some type of backup app so that you can restore on the fly.. if your like me and dont sync but probably once a week then it's a must have.
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by donric609
    damn.. that sucks.. better get backupman or some type of backup app so that you can restore on the fly.. if your like me and dont sync but probably once a week then it's a must have.
    Agreed. I use backupbuddy and it has saved me a few times
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamF
    This was a hard reset. Everything was gone. All data, settings, everything! Just like the day I took it out of the box. Just as if you held the power button and then said "Yes erase all data".

The interesting thing is, I just did a re-sync and was able to restore everything. But, the first time I tried to sync it timed out on PocketTunes.PRC. I removed that from the Backup folder so that it would not resync and everything then worked fine. I also got a hangup when trying to resync the Wireless Sync stuff.
    Probably caused by some short circuit that caused the battery to disconnect. I had that happen to me a few times on the 600! Btw, that's one of the advantages of the NVFS on the 650...you never have to worry about that happenning!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Because it wanted to.......
    I found myself learning MUCH more than I ever wanted, about the phrase "spontaneous hard reset". Happened over a year ago, with my Sony Th55. Found some threads then on the old UseNet groups. General consensus seemed to be "hey, stuff happens." All sorts of Palm devices were listed. So it's no just you, and not just the Treo.

Suffice to say, I've been having a super-affair with BackUpMan ever since.