Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have not yet looked at the specs or formats. Has anyone else? I am wondering if they can be downladed and viewed on the 650.
    thanks
    I'm sure someone will try to hack it so it'll play on the Treo. It's just a matter of time.
    I bought ($1.99) and downloaded from iTunes the latest episode of "Lost".
    I then put it on my Treo's SD card, but because it is an MPEG4, it won't play on my MMplayer app.
    I then tried to play it on my TCMP player and while I didn't get an error, it didn't play on that either.
    I a now at this moment downloading an "MPEG4 to avi" converter and then I will try again.
    Do any video player apps for the Treo 650 play MPEG4 so that I don't have to convert each clip?

By the way, the resolution of the iPod screen are 320x240, so that should be good enough for us (though I wish it were 320x320).
    ~'kito
    Did you try converting it through QuickInstall?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by Markito
    I bought ($1.99) and downloaded from iTunes the latest episode of "Lost".
    I then put it on my Treo's SD card, but because it is an MPEG4, it won't play on my MMplayer app.
    I then tried to play it on my TCMP player and while I didn't get an error, it didn't play on that either.
    I a now at this moment downloading an "MPEG4 to avi" converter and then I will try again.
    Do any video player apps for the Treo 650 play MPEG4 so that I don't have to convert each clip?

By the way, the resolution of the iPod screen are 320x240, so that should be good enough for us (though I wish it were 320x320).
    Did you try Kinoma Player, it does MPEG-4.
    No and no.
    I will try to do both and report back shortly.
    Thanks guys.
    ~'kito
    Please do !
    Next will be the ipod phone with the 60 gb drive for video and music.....
    Quote Originally Posted by lghitis
    Next will be the ipod phone with the 60 gb drive for video and music.....
    Will have to have wheels to be portable ?
    Well I tracked down Kinoma 2.2 and added it to my Treo 650.
    When I opened it, it said that there are no movies on my handheld. Which is true, because the Lost episode is on my SD card. But I couldn't find any way to make Kinoma go find it on my card (i.e. playlist or something). Ideas?

I am now trying QuickInstall.
    ~'kito
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Did you try converting it through QuickInstall?
    How do I convert it?
    I Opened up Palm QuickInstall on my PC and selected the MPEG file, but it just lined it up for the next HotSync, but it is still listed as MPEG4.
    Help.
    ~'kito
    It's not converting it then.

For some formats (like mpeg2 and AVI), when you drag-n-drop the file to the Quickinstall window, it goes through a lenghthy conversion of the file to ASF format. Only then does it let you Hotsync.

If you didn't see an hourglass for many many minutes, it is not converting.

I wonder if you can post a short clip here (or post alink) for people to try to play the clip. I bet it is protected with some DRM.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Keep our fingers crossed that Kinoma will play it.
    Unfortunately I have to go into a meeting.
    So I will be away for a few hours.
    I will try again then.
    Until then, maybe someone will have better luck.
    It should be doable.
    Wish I could continue on but I can't right now.
    Bye.
    Last edited by Markito; 10/13/2005 at 12:23 PM.
    ~'kito
    the purchased videos are DRM protected just like any music purchased in the itunes store. the will not play except in itunes or quicktime.
    I don't think you're going to have any luck. You're better off with newsgroups and one of the free video encoders to resize the video...
    Dutchtrumpet is 100% correct... ITMS content is DRM'd. It won't play on the Treo - no way, no how.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  18.    #18  
    Music can be added to the 650. it is a lengthy process. But, it can be done.
    All video/music for Kinoma Player needs to be in the DCIM folder of your card.

Try converting the iTunes video with Kinoma producer too, and it might disable the DRM.

(When, oh when will TivoToGo get it's head out of it's ****?)
    i wonder if it is a bitrate problem with TCMP? from what i have read the video from the itunes music store will be >300 kbps.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast