Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I am curious about both of those as well.
    ~'kito
    Re: battery life, I just charged my treo to full battery, and then watched a 1 hour tv show (with earbuds, not the speakerphone) using tcpmp and then 15 minutes of music through ptunes, and my treo says that the battery level is at 89%. Also, my phone/wireless was on the whole time with perfect reception. So, it looks like a one hour show drains only 10% of the battery. Can other people with 650s confirm this? If it's not just a glitch, that's pretty cool, and it kicks the video ipod's a**. Also, I've noticed that my battery level barely decreases when I listen to music. It drains much faster when on a phone call.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Wow, so you can't use Quicktime to export the movies as a usable format? That sort of sucks. I'm wondering if MissingSync will get involved with a way to port them over...I was just about to grab an episode of "Lost" since you can see new things you didn't notice each time you watch it.
    i haven't tried quicktime to export the new tv shows, but i use quicktime to convert movies for the treo.
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
    Quote Originally Posted by safisam
    Thanks for the info. I downloaded Videora and TCPMP and they works great. Q1: Let me ask you what S/W do you use to strip the commercial off your shows after you download them from Replay?

Get evtEdit at http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&&#post5945417

I find it will sometimes mistakenly select parts of the show as a commercial, but you can manually check each segment for inclusion.

rtvConvert will 'fix' the file for burning onto DVD, if that's of interest to you.

Quote Originally Posted by safisam
    Q2: what the exact setting are you using for Videora?
    I was using 216 kbps originally, but it was a bit too blocky, so I went to 384kbps, with 48kbps mono audio.
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
    emair, thanks for the info on evtEdit and for the Videora specs.
    ~'kito
  6.    #66  
    Does DVArchive only work with replaytv and its products? I jsut tried it with my comcast Mag DVR. NOt working
    DVArchive is just for networkable ReplayTV units.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am looking for a source of TV shows/music videos etc that I can run on the TCPMP or Kinoma Player. I don't mind a pay for download service but I understand that I can't easily[U] get these from Itunes and Yahoo music does not allow music video downloads.
    Thanks

Marv
  9.    #69  
    so if i buy this one I will be able to make it networkable to my mac and move tv shows from the replaytv unit to the mac?
    You could, but that one is a 5500 unit. You should really buy a 5000 unit (probably only available on eBay) because that is the model that has automatic commercial skipping ("Commercial Advance"). It was removed after the 5000 units due to pressure from the TV networks. So 5500 bad, 5000 good.

Read all about DvArchive here:
    http://www.dvarchive.org/
    It is amazing and it does work with Macs as well!
    ~'kito
    Quote Originally Posted by Markito
    You could, but that one is a 5500 unit. You should really buy a 5000 unit (probably only available on eBay) because that is the model that has automatic commercial skipping ("Commercial Advance"). It was removed after the 5000 units due to pressure from the TV networks. So 5500 bad, 5000 good.

Read all about DvArchive here:
    http://www.dvarchive.org/
    It is amazing and it does work with Macs as well!
    Agreed. I have a 5040 w/ Commercial Advance and it rocks. Usually several on eBay w/lifetime registration.

Then sign up at poopli.com and you can request shows you missed be sent to your networked ReplayTV over the internet. (Took about 2 1/2 days to get a 2 hour show, but it works).
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
  12.    #72  
    thanks everyone. i just checked ebay out. There are some sweet deals out there. Now I don't hae to pay the pig
    Does anyone here have an HP multimedia desktop PC?

We have one that hooks up directly to the cable TV cable, with it's own schedule program updated from our internet connection, that acts like a Tivo. I am not sure what format (may be propietary?) it saves the program in. I'd love to be able to convert the file for use on my treo 650, but haven't figgured out how yet. I have TCPMP and just got Lathe (also have that Divix program whose name escapes me).

I also haven't been able to convert DVD's yet, or get VHS into the Multimedia PC for conversion or use either. I'm beginning to wonder if this so-called Multi-media PC is just a PC with the ability to watch and record TV off the cable, tivo-like.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    I have also purchased some LOST episodes through iTunes and couldn't play them with TCPMP. They are protected (read - encrypted). I download LOST episodes through BitTorrent. They are high-def and widescreen but they play perfectly on my zire72 with TCPMP installed (no video resize needed). Look for the ones with LOL in the filename. I'd say rather than bash your head on concrete trying to find a way to play your purchased video, just change your source for videos. If Apple wanted us playing our purchased video on palm they would create a palm app which did that. Until then, their loss.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234