1.    #1  
    Hello,

Treo 650 Sprint user with terrible sense of direction. I absolutely need GPS.

I have searched the GPS and TomTom results, but am still a little shell shocked by all the results.

I am looking for a GPS that sits on the dashboard and communicates via bluetooth preferably - could be cabled if necessary.

TomTom looks nice, but I am pretty much looking for basically Mapquest with a voice that says turn coming up or turn right now, and you are here functionality. Is this the best software for what I am looking for?

Also, since I don't have the GPS hardware or software, is there a decently priced package out there? What's the ballpark for a decently priced setup?

Thanks much,
    -WC-
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WildCard
    Also, since I don't have the GPS hardware or software, is there a decently priced package out there? What's the ballpark for a decently priced setup?
    I have the Treo 600 so I can only tell you my experience. I use a wired mouse gps receiver with the phone mounted on a proclip on a gooseneck in my vehicle. Running Mapopolis. It's been a great set-up for me and does the voice and re-routing if you make a wrong turn (or just decide to go a different way) and I've been very pleased with it. I got it at Semsons and I know they also have bundles and bluetooth so they might have a set-up for your 650. http://www.semsons.com
    Can't go wrong with TomTom. Either for PDA or the stand alone TomTom 700, I think.
    Mapopopolis with bluetooth GPS working great for me.
    Lots of GPS oriented posts in this forum, so do a search.