1.    #1  
    I keep getting "No Service" where T-Mobile should be. This has been happening for about a week. Sometimes it will connect for 5 min then go back to no service. I have tried doing a soft reset and then a hard reset. It has gone back to its orignal settings. the cingular logo and all. Is this a battery problem, like i've read in other posts? if so why doesnt it connect when its connected to the charger and battery at full charge? any help would be appriciated.

treo 600 unlocked orginaly on cingular now on t-mobil
    firmware 03.05
    software treo600-1.12-cng
    hardware B

it has been working fine since i updated the firmware about 6 months ago. this is a new problem for the last 5 days
    Last edited by dietcokecan; 10/12/2005 at 09:42 PM.
    let me guess, it's showing signal bars, but goes to no service when you try to make a call. !@#$ing treos.
  3.    #3  
    No, there are no signal bars, just the No Service. I know its time to upgrade to the 650 but dont have the cash right now also where is the best place to buy a new battery? batteries.com is sold out.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    My 600 is doing the same thing on Sprint. Is it the battery going bad? I have full signal and the battery shows 90-10% charge as this is happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by ih8treos
    let me guess, it's showing signal bars, but goes to no service when you try to make a call. !@#$ing treos.
    My Verizon TReo 600 is doing this! Aaaah! I'll have 2-3 bars, a call comes in or I place a call, it freezes for a second, shows "No Service", disconnects, and then show 2-3 bars again. The battery is fully charged.
    I've read that changing the battery helps to fix this. Of course I read this a few months ago on some thread here on these boards. (I don't frequent this place as often as I once did) I recall there also being a link to the manufacturer of the replacement battery's for our phone.
    Indeed, a lot of our problems (for phones over 12 months old) are being solved by replacing the battery. Although, yours sounds a little different because it should work fine when plugged into the charger. Anyhow, if you do choose to replace the battery, I highly recommend the 2000mAh battery that is frequently posted on eBay.

Good luck!
    Ok, so even though our Treo's seem as though the battery life is fine, it could still be effecting our service?
    Quote Originally Posted by dietcokecan
    I keep getting "No Service" where T-Mobile should be. This has been happening for about a week. Sometimes it will connect for 5 min then go back to no service. I have tried doing a soft reset and then a hard reset. It has gone back to its orignal settings. the cingular logo and all. Is this a battery problem, like i've read in other posts? if so why doesnt it connect when its connected to the charger and battery at full charge? any help would be appriciated.

treo 600 unlocked orginaly on cingular now on t-mobil
    firmware 03.05
    software treo600-1.12-cng
    hardware B

it has been working fine since i updated the firmware about 6 months ago. this is a new problem for the last 5 days
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=76887