1.    #1  
    haha...couldn't resist.

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0100n...name_page.html

'Announcing the launch via live satellite broadcast from California, Apple chief executive Steve Jobs said 75% of all mp3 players now sold were iPods'

Just thought it would be funny if I could watch the announcement on my Treo, since I'm already watching movies for months now.

Greg
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusbliss
    haha...couldn't resist.

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0100n...name_page.html

'Announcing the launch via live satellite broadcast from California, Apple chief executive Steve Jobs said 75% of all mp3 players now sold were iPods'

Just thought it would be funny if I could watch the announcement on my Treo, since I'm already watching movies for months now.

Greg
    I think this will be a big winner for apple. They will target an audience and advertise the product to that audience in a much more aggressive fashion than Palm did with the 650. Probably not as many problems with the product either.
    The success of the video is in how easy it is to get content onto the player. I wouls have crammed a wifi card on the thing and done a deal with Tivo to have TivoTOGo work seamlessly with the device.

Yesterday, EchoStar may have stepped in that direction:
    "In addition, customers of EchoStar's Dish Network can dock PocketDish to select DVRs, using a USB 2.0 connection for fast video transfers. An hour of Dish programming can be transferred to the portable device in about five minutes, the company said."
    Here Apple (The King's of Marketing) goes again. This will be another winner for them.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Any guesses (or real information even) on when this will actually hit the stores? I've got some BestBuy store credit and I promised my son one. It seems like the Nano was in the stores within a couple weeks of being announced.
    Quote Originally Posted by jesterjo
    Any guesses (or real information even) on when this will actually hit the stores? I've got some BestBuy store credit and I promised my son one. It seems like the Nano was in the stores within a couple weeks of being announced.
    late next week
    Quote Originally Posted by jesterjo
    I need to be adopted and also need a Treo 700w.