Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Almost... of course

Just heard the news.

Frontrow reminds me of Sailing clicker I've been having for years. and iPod with video, I've been watching videos with kinoma, and now with TCPMP.

If only I have a 30G SD card, then it would be really equal.
    If someone would PLEASE make a video out cable for the 650!!!!!! This would be great for in car video feeds from TCPMP. as most car DVD players, or portable ones for that matter, have an A/V input.
    Right now i tape TV with eyeTV (www.elgato.com) on to mac hard drive. eyeTV has a direct export to G3 (mpg4) which is played perfectly on TCPMP at 200kbps. A one hour show only takes a few minutes to export, copy to SD card and that's it! at 200 kbps, a one hour show is 150k.
    The video ipod is cool, but couldn't give up the benefits of my all in one Treo!
    Treoperk-
    Cool set up!

I wonder, though, how can we exploit the new iTunes video for Treo playback? What format are the video offerings (Desparate Housewives, videos, clips, etc... a list surely to grow fast) on iTunes and can we play 'em on Treo?
    -mbd26
    Quote Originally Posted by treoperk
    If someone would PLEASE make a video out cable for the 650!!!!!! This would be great for in car video feeds from TCPMP. as most car DVD players, or portable ones for that matter, have an A/V input.
    Right now i tape TV with eyeTV (www.elgato.com) on to mac hard drive. eyeTV has a direct export to G3 (mpg4) which is played perfectly on TCPMP at 200kbps. A one hour show only takes a few minutes to export, copy to SD card and that's it! at 200 kbps, a one hour show is 150k.
    The video ipod is cool, but couldn't give up the benefits of my all in one Treo!
    150k????

150MB maybe?
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    opps. of course it's 150mb! I hope elgato will come out with a direct "export" format that will play on the video ipod.
    I still want an easy way to have portable video (tv mainly) that can be easily "plugged into" a video system in the car. If the screen on the video ipod plays while the AV cord is plugged in then the front seat could watch too (with ipod in cradle with fm modulator etc.)!
  6.    #6  
    That's a good idea, but it has a very slim chance of happening.

I think it is more possible to request for a player that plays videos off a SD card.

Me myself, I'm aiming for a 2G SD Card as soon as I have the money to spend.
    Has anyone been able to download video from iTunes and get it to work on their Treo?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Has anyone been able to download video from iTunes and get it to work on their Treo?

I'm not sure about the DRM restrictions about doing that, but since the codec is H.264, you should be able to play the videos using TCPMP which includes a H.264 plugin (I think it's the FFMPEG plugin). Also, you shouldn't have to change the resolution to play on the Treo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    I'm not sure about the DRM restrictions about doing that, but since the codec is H.264, you should be able to play the videos using TCPMP which includes a H.264 plugin (I think it's the FFMPEG plugin). Also, you shouldn't have to change the resolution to play on the Treo...
    So, has anyone tried the videos from iTunes on their Treo?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Perhaps not a direct response but I use the same MP4 movies on the SD card of my Treo 650, a Sony PSP memory stick, and the new iPod video.
    They show up on iTunes for transfer to the iPod and can be made by creating DVD rips with "Handbrake" which is Freeware. The average DVD movie becomes about 500 MB.
    I can get the IPOD video to play on my Treo 650 with TCPMP but the audio does not work.

States: MPEG 4 AAC Audio AAC0 no supported..

Any ideas??
    Last edited by BHtreo; 11/10/2005 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Update
    Yeah, AAC audio doesn't work in TCPMP. I think I remember something about copyright issues with the codec or something...
  13. MMT
    They removed the AAC plugin from TCPMP some time ago, but I'm guessing you can find the old plugin online and install it along with the newest TCPMP and it will work fine. In fact, I'm pretty sure it will work :-)
  14. MMT
    p.s. Look for tcpmp_aac_plugin.prc
    Yeah, just search around here and you will be able to find the plugin...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Found .66 plugin (from here) but I couldn't get it to work with 0.71. Anyone get that old plugin working with the new tcpmp?
    Alrighty...here's the TCPMP AAC plugin that should work with ver .71... lemme know if it does...
    Attached Files Attached Files

gfunk,
    I tried it but it still doesn't work. Maybe its the video I am using. I used ffmpegX to convert and shrink a 50mb video (mpeg) to an 11mb file (mp4) using "Ipod h.264" setting at 320 x 320. I used this codec since its the fastest to encode and will give me the smallest file. plays fine on Mac (using quicktime) but not on tcpmp.
    I keep getting that "MPEG4 ACC Audio decoder not included" error and then the video plays very choppy with NO audio. Do you think I should use another encoder?
    Okay, I found another version of the AAC plugin that is supposed to work with ver .71. Let me know if this one finally works....
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast