1.    #1  
    The subject is pretty much it. I think 256MB is a bit small so I looked around on ebay, amazon, etc. and it looks like I can get a Kingston 512MB SD card for $32.99 with free shipping before an $8 rebate. What do you guys think?

Basically, I want to install some cool apps and games, take a few pics and record the occasional movie.

I also heard that some cards are "faster" than others? So what do you think I ought to get and where is the best deal?

Thanks to everyone.
    Dude,

There are many other threads on this. In fact there is a whole forum on accessories which includes SD cards. So if I were you my first move would be to use the search function there.

That said, the high speed cards don't work very well in the 650. The only one that consistently gets good reviews is the Sandisk 2GB plain 'ole blue one. I would go with 2GB because the marginal cost increase isn't that much and you will wish you had it once you start using the smaller ones. I have the Sandisk 2GB and use it for photos, tons of music and podcasts. It has completely replaced my ipod. I got mine at Amazon for under 150 and free shipping. The 650 can't handle more than 2GB without major modifications.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    I Got A 1 Gig Sandisk For 39$

Major Price Diff Betweent Hat And 150$
    Yeah go for the 1 GB SD card now for about $40 AR or the 2 GB if you are going to be using lots of pics and mp3's. I have the 1 GB but it is filling up with my home movies!
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    I bought this and so far I'm very happy with it.
    Get the 1GB Sandisk Ultra II / USB .... its the coolest thing ever. I kept putting my 1GB memsticks in the laundry. They would make it 5 or 6 times before they keel over, but the new 1GB with the USB connector fits in the Treo like a normal SD card and stays in the phone. It will never go through the lanudry and I get the bonus of popping it in and out of whatever PC is close at the time. In fact, I have made my SD card bootable for a PC so I don't even carry CD's anymore. I just wish I could get a 2 GB.

If you look here http://www.sandisk.com/retail/ultraii-sdplus.asp you will see it is the coolest thing in the memory market by far.

Derek
    Quote Originally Posted by computerfixitguy
    Get the 1GB Sandisk Ultra II / USB .... its the coolest thing ever.
    If you look here http://www.sandisk.com/retail/ultraii-sdplus.asp you will see it is the coolest thing in the memory market by far.

Derek
    I have seen these before but never thought about how useful they can be.

This really is one of the coolest things...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna
    I have seen these before but never thought about how useful they can be.

This really is one of the coolest things...
    No doubt that it is cool, BUT (and there's always a "but")

My computer bag has had one of those $12 "6-in-1" USB media readers for two years now. If the cost of this new SDcard were just a few dollars more, AND it came in 2GB sizes, then I'd REALLY be interested...

Then I could remove my 2GB USB drive from my keyring.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions