1.    #1  
    I have Chatter configured to access our corporate Exchange Server using IMAP. Everything works great as far as receiving e-mail, but sending is a problem: I am able to send to other users on our corporate network (e.g. co-workers) but I am unable to send to anyone on the outside, I get the following error message:

550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for [ADDRESS]

Any ideas?

thanks in advance,
    elbastardocalvo
    Typically, this means that you're not authenticated on the server. Can you double check your login name and password in the SMTP Profile? If that doesn't help, please send me a log (instructions in the FAQ at www.chatteremail.com).

Marc
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    Typically, this means that you're not authenticated on the server. Can you double check your login name and password in the SMTP Profile? If that doesn't help, please send me a log (instructions in the FAQ at www.chatteremail.com).

Marc
    Will do, Marc. I checked everything, and it appears to be fine. As I said, I am able to send email to internal recipients; it is only external email that causes a problem. I will see about sending a log.

thanks for everything,
    elbastardocalvo
    elbastardocalvo
    Right. You can send to internal addresses without being authenticated...

Marc
  5.    #5  
    Right. You can send to internal addresses without being authenticated...

Marc
    Ah, got it. I am using the same login and password as I am for accessing the inbox. What do I need to do to veryify whether or not I am being authenticated?

thanks for helping this newbie.
    elbastardocalvo
    I'd need to see a log.

Marc
  7.    #7  
    I'd need to see a log.

Marc
    Being sent...
    elbastardocalvo
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by elbastardocalvo