1.    #1  
    I'm starting to get a bit concerned about the Treo 650 I purchased in August. Everything was working fine until yesterday when my battery ran out (0%). I charged it and it was working fine, but sometime last night it started going extremely slow (noticable when I try and turn the screen on - about a 7 second delay and when turning the phone on/off).

Now when I try to turn the phone on it displays the Verizon welcome screen but it stays on much longer than it used to and doesn't find the network. When I press the button again it shows the welcome screen again instead of the goodbye screen. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I don't think it is a memory issue as I don't have many programs or pictures on it and I (fortunately) haven't dropped it (yet).

Would installing the 1.04 update from Verizon help?
    The update might help, it might overwrite what ever is causing the problem, the update also hard resets the treo and since not all files are backed up, specifically the ones that tend to develope glitches it might help all the way around.
  3.    #3  
    I might have found the problem. For some reason when I go to the Phone Info screen my Phone number, Verizon username, ESN, PRL Rev, and PRI Checksum are blank. I don't recall if that was the case in the past but I highly doubt it.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm in a bit of a panic right now. I just spent about $400 to get this thing and I can't afford to have that wasted.
    If you bought in the last year it is under warranty so just take it to a service center.
  5.    #5  
    That's not really an option at the moment as I'm going to school in Canada...
    I would hard reset
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports1131
    I might have found the problem. For some reason when I go to the Phone Info screen my Phone number, Verizon username, ESN, PRL Rev, and PRI Checksum are blank. I don't recall if that was the case in the past but I highly doubt it.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm in a bit of a panic right now. I just spent about $400 to get this thing and I can't afford to have that wasted.
    you DID turn the phone ON before you checked the info, right??
  8.    #8  
    I just did a hard reset and still no luck. The welcome screen still stays on much longer than it used to and it still says Phone off/Network search... at the top. Phone number, Verizon username, ESN, etc. are all still blank.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by joolsca
    you DID turn the phone ON before you checked the info, right??
    That's the problem, I can't get the phone to turn on. Holding down the red button brings up the welcome screen but it just doesn't seem to work.
    If you dont want to mail the phone in,,, then the update does have the new PRL in it. It cant hurt. It wont void your warranty. It will probably fix the problem.
  11.    #11  
    I can't get the update to install properly. I do the hotsync and everything according to the instructions but when the program actually runs on my phone I get the following message.

General Error:

0x10060380
    If your sure you have DL the correct update for your phone and carrier and have enough internal memory to run the update then I would have to say that you have a hardware problem and would just have to mail the phone in. That sux.
    Heres what I get on that error

F1Turbo said his was dead with that error and they warrentied him a new phone http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...oto=nextnewest

Dragon tear had no resolution for his http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...oto=nextnewest

If you had under 11 megs free internal you have to hard reset and rename the backup folder before running the update.
  14.    #14  
    I had 22 MB free (as I said, I had barely anything installed on my phone) so that wasn't the issue. I just did another hard reset and tried to run the upgrade again with the same result.

I just did another hard reset and restored my old profile again so I'm back to square one.

Do you know if Verizon has any partners in Canada that would be able to take a look at my phone? I really don't want to have to send it away; I don't have a land line in my dorm.
    Sorry, I dont know about Canada.
    Geez....

If you lost the phone #, user name and password, etc, call verizon and get the code for pulling up the activation screen and have them give you all the info and numbers needed to reactivate the phone.

Chuck
    Verizon is NOT in Canada at all.
    The phone info NEVER shows up when the radio is OFF.....
  18.    #18  
    I guess I'll have to borrow somebody's phone and give Verizon a call tomorrow.

Nobody has any other ideas to try and get the phone working?
    Did chckhbrt's idea not work?