1.    #1  
    Has anyone noticed an incompatiblity/instability with running chatter and verichat together at the same time? i have done a search and could not find anything... i cannot possibly be the only one... when i run verichat alone with always on mode, i'm fine. when i run chatter alone, i'm fine. if i run both at the same time within a few minutes i get a soft reset... with my mailboxes being deleted (thankfully the recovery feature gets the settings back)
    i dont think i'm running anything else that causes issues... any ideas?

for now i've pretty much just been living with it and switching between using either program depending on the situation. and checking the email or IM stuff for a few minutes and then exiting.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    I have found a happy medium that has cut down on the frequency of resets and helped conserve battery life.

I use Chatter (most recent beta) with 2 IMAP and 2 POP3 accounts. Of the 4, I only have one IMAP account (AOL) set to Qsync every 10 mins. For the other 3 accounts I force a Qsync as needed.

For VeriChat (2.89b) I am using SMS mode with "refresh on reset" and "disconnect n/w in SMS mode" both checked. The 2.89b version is NOT posted on the PDAApps website, I obtained it from PalmGear, but the settings above also worked well with 2.86b. The settings have also worked well when I had my AOL IMAP account always online in Chatter.

With this setup, I have been free of spontanious resets caused by Chatter and VeriChat sharing the data connection, and my battery lasts longer during the day.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum
    Has anyone noticed an incompatiblity/instability with running chatter and verichat together at the same time? i have done a search and could not find anything... i cannot possibly be the only one... when i run verichat alone with always on mode, i'm fine. when i run chatter alone, i'm fine. if i run both at the same time within a few minutes i get a soft reset... with my mailboxes being deleted (thankfully the recovery feature gets the settings back)

for now i've pretty much just been living with it and switching between using either program depending on the situation. and checking the email or IM stuff for a few minutes and then exiting.
    Are you running VeriChat in network or SMS always-on mode? I'd been having similar problems (as well as issues with not having enough sockets available) with network mode. I've switched it to SMS and have had far fewer issues. Note, however that others have reported problems with SMS mode causing resets. I'm only an occasional user of IM, so I haven't noticed this. Also, what version of VeriChat are you running?
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  4.    #4  
    i am running verichat in sms mode, but not disconnecting network... v2.86b
    chatter is 1.1.3b2 10/04/05

i have 1 IMAP account and 1 pop account, imap idles and pop syncs once an hour.
    i dont have verichat or chatter start on reset by default because i tend to soft reset my phone in spotty coverage areas (coicidence i guess- only @home) and it crashes when trying to connect to vision while roaming.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    i am running verichat in sms mode, but not disconnecting network... v2.86b
    chatter is 1.1.3b2 10/04/05

i have 1 IMAP account and 1 pop account, imap idles and pop syncs once an hour.
    i dont have verichat or chatter start on reset by default because i tend to soft reset my phone in spotty coverage areas (coicidence i guess- only @home) and it crashes when trying to connect to vision while roaming.
    I'm running 2.89b, found in this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...light=verichat
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    hmmm... i'm running verichat 2.87b in always on mode and chatter 1.1.3b8 in always on mode also. With 3 imaps folders (1 online and idleing, 2 syncing periodically), 2 pop3 mailboxes syncing periodically, and 1 pop mailbox in 'on-demand' sync mode.

I have periodic resets, but am running quite a bit of other software too. My resets are generally about 1 every 2 or 3 days.

Unlocked Cingular Treo 650 (GSM)

Ran them both for years, no problems on T600..
    I'm not having problems running both at the same time on my new device. My previous 650 had a hardware (memory) issue and was flakey when running either Chatter or VeriChat. What specifc error(s) are you getting?
  9.    #9  
    actually- i just tried running them both at the same time this morning and it reset once, but hasn't since then... it used to be resets every hour. i'll try it some more and hopefully this will be resolved somewhat.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    I am also having trouble using chatter and verichat. I just recently went back to a treo. Previously i had use the 2 programs with no problems, seems the latest 2 betas of each are giving me tons of resets, Very frustrating as these are my 2 most often , if not the only 3rd party programs i really need. I have verichat in sms mode, and chatter with all normal defualt retrieve settings.
    I had big problems with verichat 2.86, but most of those went away when i upgraded to 2.89.

I run Verichat on SMS, Chatteremail with one IMAP account synced.

Generally, I do notice that after running Verichat my Treo 650 would reset about 10 minutes later, but that is always after my conversation is over and the palm just restarts and it's no big deal. I only notice if I happen to have it out.