1.    #1  
    Folks,

I've been playing with the eval version of Verichat. I really like it. Before I register it I just have one question:

- Are there any other apps that work in a similar fashion for IM (MSN, Yahoo, AIM or sub sub-set thereof) that do *NOT* have an *annual* fee associated with them? I don't mind paying for an app, but this recurring payment thing that seems to be pervading everything new and innovative is starting to wear on me. :-(

If not, so be it ..... but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask and see if anyone else came up with anything.

Thanks ...
    Toccer. But even a bigger battery drain then Verichat. Less resets though. I have heard about Causerie but don't know about annual fees.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
  3.    #3  
    and freeware to boot .... I'll absolutely give it a try today. Thanks.
    Chit Chat Lite for MSN, also free and works in the background.
    I purchased verichat 6 months ago. It is an awesome app and one of my favorites. I like to sneak away on Friday's and will often be IM'ing from the golf cart, while all the while appearing to be at my desk to my colleagues. Worth every cent.

It has a ton of features and I remember trying to do a file transfer and having no luck with it. They may have fix this bug or more likely it was user error.
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by serious joe
    It has a ton of features and I remember trying to do a file transfer and having no luck with it. They may have fix this bug or more likely it was user error.
    No file transfer here either.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I have been using Verichat for close to year now. It works great. But with my annual fee coming up I wanted to see what was available free. I only use Yahoo IM so I looked for ones that supported that service as a min. I settled on Treo Messenger. Though it is currently in beta it is available to all for free. It uses SMS like can be done with Verichat so it does not run the Batt down. I have been using it successfully for a few weeks now. It is working so well that I deleted Verichat from my device. The only feature that I miss from Verichat is the time set to log on and off. I have to remember to log on in the morning now.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreak
    Toccer. But even a bigger battery drain then Verichat. Less resets though. I have heard about Causerie but don't know about annual fees.
    Causerie has similar annual fees (compared to verichat). Unfortunately, Causerie support seems to have evaporated.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    No file transfer here either.
    There was a problem with a messenger with transfers, but I don't remember which one was disabled.
    Mundu is interoperable and works similar to VC but has a one time fee, not annual. I find that it doesn't work as well as VC in background mode, but it's serviceable. Also tried the Treo Messenger for Y! IM, it works okay when it doesn't kick you off. Figuring out the cost of VC (like $70 after two years) makes it a bit ridiculous, IMHO.
    Also checkout Chatopus...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions