1.    #1  
    So, I just got my Treo replaced and the issue I'm having is getting it to sync with my USB cable. I've figured out what the problem is: the USB cable connector doesn't hold a good contact with my new Treo. In order to get it to work, I have to hold and push the cable it into the Treo's connector during the entire Hotsync. If I let go, the connection (or Hotsync) is dropped. This cable worked flawlessly with my old Treo so I don't think it's the cable.

My question: for those who have experienced this, how did you resolve it:
    a.) By getting Palm to replace the USB cable? Or,
    b.) By replacing your Treo?
    c.) Or, by doing something else...?

My current thinking is that the connector on the Treo is slightly different (with regards to the build not the actual form factor) than my old Treo and that's the reason why the USB cable isn't maintaining a solid connection. I just hope it can be resolved by replacing the cable rather than replacing the Treo. I'm afraid the answer is going to be that I have to get the Treo replaced...(maybe this is why my replacement unit, which was refurbished, was sent back to Palm from its original owner?).

Thanks, in advance, for any help.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
  2.    #2  
    Anyone??
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
    650's have poor connections. Yours seems a bit abnormal though. I have to make sure to firmly connect the sync cable, specifically the right side, but I never have to hold it throughout a sync.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I have two Palm cradles, one at home and one at my desk at work. A couple of months ago I found that I couldn't get the 650 to hotsync unless I unplugged the cradle from the cable, and reconnected them. Eventually, that failed as well. I contacted Palm, even though I had a "Sprint" phone, and after spending a couple of hours on the phone with their tech support, they agreed to cross ship two new cradle kits. The problem went away.

Contact Palm and work the problem through them. Explain how the cable must be faulty and ask them to replace it.

[splicer]