1.    #1  
    While on vacation my 650's case accidently opened and the phone fell to the sidewalk. I saw the battery pop out. The good news is that the phone works fine. The bad news is that I did not see my SanDisk 1gb card launch into oblivion. I discovered the card was missing when TomTom would not run. We missed the GPS on the way home but survived the ordeal. Here is my question -- were the files, on the sd card, automatically backed up somewhere on my Laptop? If so, where would they be located and what is the best method for restoring?

If not restorable, can I just reinstall the applications which were on the card, or will the 650 be looking for the specific card which has been lost?

What is the best way to restore the system with a new card. Thanks again, in advance, for the help.
    There are programs that sync the card to the PC but unless you specifically bought one of those apps to do that then the info is not on the PC or anywhere else.

The Treo dosent care what card you use so any card that you but to replace the data on will work. You just sync the programs and databases via the PC the same way you put them on there before. If there were databases there that you created such as a 3rd party memo prcs database then of course something like that is totally gone.
    I use a card reader to once a week "copy" the contents of my SD card to my PCs hard drive. A precaution I have not yet found it necessary to use, but I am glad it is there.

Cheers, Perry.
    Use Synctoy, a free app from Microsoft. (just google for it)You can only download it after Microsoft checks if the Windows OS installed is authentic. I use it to sync my sd card to my backup folder.

I just pop my Treo's sd card to my built in card reader and run Synctoy. I use the feature called echo wherein it will copy what has been changed or added to my Treo sd and update my backup folder. I learned about this when it it was released thru Jeff Kirvin's podcast at 1src.com

Just form the habit of echoing your card whenever you hotsync and you'll be alright .
    Yeah, unfortunately hotsync does not backup the SD card. I personally use an app called BlueSync which automatically syncs and backups the entire Sd card with every hotsync. It works very well for me!

http://www.bluesquirrel.com/products/bluesync/

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I use a MS Windows "Briefcase" and CardExport II. The "briefcase" keeps track of what has changed on the SD Card and re-synchs each time (and vice versa).
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    I use a MS Windows "Briefcase" and CardExport II. The "briefcase" keeps track of what has changed on the SD Card and re-synchs each time (and vice versa).

Hey that's a pretty interesting solution! The only reason I would prefer bluesync though is that you wouldn't have to worry about launching card export...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I use a card reader to once a week "copy" the contents of my SD card to my PCs hard drive. A precaution I have not yet found it necessary to use, but I am glad it is there.

Cheers, Perry.
    Which card reader do you have?
    Tks
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I have a San Disk 8n1 usb. It has worked fine for over a year now.

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I have a San Disk 8n1 usb. It has worked fine for over a year now.

Cheers, Perry.
    tks for the info Perry.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover