1.    #1  
    Hello all, 1st post here!

I'm a member over at SU.com, and have been for a while. Just joined here!

Anyhow, same old question. And yes I have read the posts.

What I want is a headset that has good clearity and minimum static. No CID, battery life isnt a real issue. Just clearity!

No offense to you JessieRPI, but you seem like you work for Cardo. Same post here and at SU.com they same day copied and pasted. That makes me a little skeptical.

Thoughts?
  2. rrs
    I just bought the Plantronics Voyager 510 and it works well. It's comfortable, volumne is fine, and it picks up calls quickly. I was able to get it on eBay for $49.
  3.    #3  
    anybody else have opinions? hows the Sony HBH-662 working out?
    Lets see, I have/am using following with my SPCS Treo 650...

Jabra BT250 - too much static, cant use features like auto connect, etc now just sitting unused and collecting dust

Jabra BT500 - VERY nice looking headset, good features, good incoming sound but poor outgoing sound. Got returned to Best Buy, what a shame

Treo BT Headset - Very good headset, good incoming and outgoing sound, low static issues. Currently the favorite of my wife on her new Treo 650

Cardo Scala 500 - Was my prefered headset, same good points as the Treo BT headset...however...PATHETIC warranty/customer/tech support from Cardo, but thats a whole other story.

Plantronics Voyager 510 - Its my newest and currenty favorite headset. Great incoming and outgoing sound (better then the Treo BT and Scala), fast auto transfers of incoming and outgoing calls, nice comfortable fit. I am not too thrilled with the small buttons and how my fat fingers interact with them, nor am I too thrilled with the flimsy a/c charger, but I like the headset.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    I've been happy with my Logitech Mobile Pro. Gets a little static if the phone and headset are on opposite side of my body, but everything's clear if they're on the same side or the phone's on my dash, in the passenger seat, etc.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn

Plantronics Voyager 510 - Its my newest and currenty favorite headset. Great incoming and outgoing sound (better then the Treo BT and Scala), fast auto transfers of incoming and outgoing calls, nice comfortable fit. I am not too thrilled with the small buttons and how my fat fingers interact with them, nor am I too thrilled with the flimsy a/c charger, but I like the headset.
    My BIL has that on a Cingular phone and likes it a lot. Just ordered from TC.com... thank you.
    Sony Ericcson HBH-300 equals virtually no static, 20 foot range, long battery life. Like a lot of others, most people don't know I'm on a BT headset. They think I'm talking into the phone.

I love it.

It's like a $100 though.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn

Jabra BT250 - too much static, cant use features like auto connect, etc now just sitting unused and collecting dust

Treo BT Headset - Very good headset, good incoming and outgoing sound, low static issues. Currently the favorite of my wife on her new Treo 650

Could you be more specific with the term "low static issues" I have a Jabra BT250 but the static is so bad I don't want to buy another headset till i know i won't have the same static issues. How far away were you getting static on the BT250 v. Treo BT headset

Thanks for your time
    I have used several BT headsets with my Treo 650, and have experienced varying degrees of static with all the headsets. In general I believe the static is caused by the distance and the line of sight that the headset has with the Treo. The closer the headset is to the Treo (distance, same side of body, etc) the less or no static I will encounter.

The BT250 was the worst by far. I could be within 12inches of my Treo and the static was very bad. With the Treo BT and Cardo Scala 500, I could be withing 10ft of my Treo, but as long as my headset and Treo were in line of sight of each other, I had virtually no static issues at all. The same holds true for the Plantronics Voyager 510, I can be up to 15ft way and have little or no static. Again, dont be 15ft away and have your back turned, the headset and Treo need to be able to "see" each other.

A curious thing, I can be sitting accross my living room with my PC around the corner of a wall and BT sync my Treo and PC just fine. I cant use any of my BT headsets this way. I think the whole issue of static with BT headsets is due to the underpowered radios in the headsets. I guess the headset makers have to perform a delicate balancing act between radio power, size of the headset and battery life.

Again, my current headset of choice is the Plantronics Voyager 510. It has a fit similar to the Jabras (over and behind the ear) and a swiveling mic boom that sits away from my cheek and a very comfortable earpiece (3 to choose from in the box). Incoming sound is clear and loud and I have been told outgoing sound is good to. Not too impressed with the charger or the buttons, but I will learn to live with it. I got mine from buy.com for $42.87 WITH free shipping. Cheaper then the TreoCentral store price, but buy.com does not have a liberal return policy the way TC does.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I used my HS850 in a one bedroom apt. about 8-10 feet away with a little static. Used it with my Treo in my truck, I was about 15-20 feet away inside a small lobby of a bank at the ATM and had no problems with static or sound quality.
    I tried the Moto hs850 and returned 3 headsets because of loss of advanced functions. Sound quality was actually good but Motorola just isn't making deviced that sync well with other brands. I exchanged it for a Jabra bt350, and I have had good sound quality-the earpeace enters the outer ear slightly and comfortably. It has good volume and you can boost output by increasing volume on your treo. Only setback is that it isn't as slick looking as the hs850 but it feels much sturdier.
    Try going to www.shoppingcentre.net they have some great deals on Bluetooth headsets.
    Please read my post here about static aand various headsets: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...018#post827018