1.    #1  
    Hello,

I need an email application for a Treo 650 that is POP3 compatible and supports “leave mail on server” when running from the Treo. This is crucial, because I need my FirstClass client to also be able to retrieve the email.

I've searched a number of sites and forums and read/heard about these programs. Does anyone know for sure if these programs support "leave mail on server" when checking a POP account from my Treo?

ChatterEmail (www.chatteremail.com) - Does not support ability to leave mail on server. I tried this one with its trial version.

Snappermail (www.snappermail.com) - Unsure

Versamail - From what I've read, the PalmOne version of the Treo 650 comes with Versamail, but the Verizon version (which is what I have) does not. I cannot find anywhere to download/purchase Versamail 3.0 for a Verizon phone. Nor do I know if it supports the ability to leave mail on the server.

Eudora2Go (http://www.eudora.com/eudora2go/) - Anyone use this???

Thanks much.
    Seth
    sethersarch - Chatter ALWAYS leaves items on the server, UNLESS you delete it manually from within Chatter.

Marc
    Snapper can leave mail on the server.
    Ac****s -> Edit Account -> Rules -> More Rules
    Versamail came on the program disk with my Verizon Palm 650.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I have been using Versamail and leaving mail on server with no issue plus the sync feature works great if us another mail tool as you primary tool.
    VersaMail also allows you to delete e-mail from your 650, and designate each individual message as to delete it from the server, or leave on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by sethersarch
    Versamail - From what I've read, the PalmOne version of the Treo 650 comes with Versamail, but the Verizon version (which is what I have) does not. I cannot find anywhere to download/purchase Versamail 3.0 for a Verizon phone. Nor do I know if it supports the ability to leave mail on the server.
    Seth, see my post here to obtain the latest version for Verizon.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Does any program leave the mail on the server with Gmail?

Once you're retrieved Gmail with Snappermail, you can't later get it with Outlook from your office PC, for instance. Your email is left on the server, but Gmail considers it to have been retrieved no matter what the Snappermail setting. (At least this has been my experience.)
    My phone came with Versamail. When I set up Gmail with the settings I recieved from the gmail site. I can look at my inbox, but I can't write? It says SSL not applicable or something.

Is anyone else having problems with Gmail and Versamail? I too need a program to work with my gmail.
    Badler: if you go into gmail via the web and change the pop settings to 'archive pop'd mail' then does it still download your old messages on your PC?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve