Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Very disappointing. If someone can show me what I'm doing wrong that would be great. Until then - this is the last Seidio product I purchase.

The AC vent mount option did not secure tightly in my Chrysler. It was flimsy and felt like it would easily break if I forced it so I moved to Plan B. Once I worked with the window suction cup I found a placement I liked better. It was very strong and I placed it next to my rear view mirror.

The treo locks into the unit very well. I was angry because when I first "docked it" nothing worked. You really have to push it in tight to lock. Once I got used to it I prefer that.

I immediately fired up the GPS using Mapopolis and the voice navigator was so loud I about jumped out of my skin. It connected and worked perfectly. That's where the fun ends.

GPS is great but I'd like to be able to USE MY PHONE!!! So I make a call and the person cant hear me. THERES NO INTERNAL MIC!!! I plug in the attached wired mic and the person says I can barely hear you. I'm holding the mic up to my lips and they still are having a great deal of difficulty hearing me. Moreover I cant hear them!

I turn the volume dial all the way up. I turn my treo volume to max and still I cant hear the person clearly.

This Seidio unit is a expensive charger with GPS receiver. Still I had to pay Mapopolis to get the maps. If I want to make a call I have to pull the phone out and use it by hand or plug in my old hands free cord.

If someone can recommend a solution I'd appreciate it and gladly edit this post! Until then, I'm done with Seidio.
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
    Quote Originally Posted by jnjewlz
    Very disappointing. If someone can show me what I'm doing wrong that would be great. Until then - this is the last Seidio product I purchase.

The AC vent mount option did not secure tightly in my Chrysler. It was flimsy and felt like it would easily break if I forced it so I moved to Plan B. Once I worked with the window suction cup I found a placement I liked better. It was very strong and I placed it next to my rear view mirror.

The treo locks into the unit very well. I was angry because when I first "docked it" nothing worked. You really have to push it in tight to lock. Once I got used to it I prefer that.

I immediately fired up the GPS using Mapopolis and the voice navigator was so loud I about jumped out of my skin. It connected and worked perfectly. That's where the fun ends.

GPS is great but I'd like to be able to USE MY PHONE!!! So I make a call and the person cant hear me. THERES NO INTERNAL MIC!!! I plug in the attached wired mic and the person says I can barely hear you. I'm holding the mic up to my lips and they still are having a great deal of difficulty hearing me. Moreover I cant hear them!

I turn the volume dial all the way up. I turn my treo volume to max and still I cant hear the person clearly.

This Seidio unit is a expensive charger with GPS receiver. Still I had to pay Mapopolis to get the maps. If I want to make a call I have to pull the phone out and use it by hand or plug in my old hands free cord.

If someone can recommend a solution I'd appreciate it and gladly edit this post! Until then, I'm done with Seidio.
    Hi,

This is quite unusual. Which audio port did you plug the external mic into ? It should be the one right above the volume control. Please let me know how it turns out.

David Chang
    Seidio
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Hey David,

Thanks for responding. Yes I used the audio port by the volume meter on the side of the unit. I called and left myself a voicemail at work. When I checked it at work I could hear myself but it was very faint. I'm a realtor can't afford trying to field calls on a system where noone can hear me.

Would greatly appreciate any advise. The speaker volume is not acceptable either. I hate having to plug the hands free headset into the unit. That makes 4 different wires running from the unit! Grrrrrrrrrrr. That's not why I purchased the thing.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jnjewlz
    Hey David,

Thanks for responding. Yes I used the audio port by the volume meter on the side of the unit. I called and left myself a voicemail at work. When I checked it at work I could hear myself but it was very faint. I'm a realtor can't afford trying to field calls on a system where noone can hear me.

Would greatly appreciate any advise. The speaker volume is not acceptable either. I hate having to plug the hands free headset into the unit. That makes 4 different wires running from the unit! Grrrrrrrrrrr. That's not why I purchased the thing.

Thanks
    PLease send me your order #. I will send you a new mic.

David Chang
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Got the mic today. I downloaded the GoTreo volume booster. That give me a little more volume out to the speaker unit. I can hear some callers clearly now but only if they really speak up.

I'll give the mic a try shortly and ask my wife how it sounds. This would really be a great solution if the phone operations were satisfactory.

Thanks for the assistance.
    I had EXECTLY the same problem. I've had the Seido 2500 for a while and could never get the mic to work properly. Same issue. Upsetting considering the steep price of the unit.

David, might we do the same thing? After calling Seido tech support, they initially suggested RMAing the whole thing, but I would much prefer trying a new mic instead. I'm within the warranty period, and could provide my order #.
    Check your private messages...
    Thanks David....
    Quote Originally Posted by tcc
    I had EXECTLY the same problem. I've had the Seido 2500 for a while and could never get the mic to work properly. Same issue. Upsetting considering the steep price of the unit.

David, might we do the same thing? After calling Seido tech support, they initially suggested RMAing the whole thing, but I would much prefer trying a new mic instead. I'm within the warranty period, and could provide my order #.
    HI TCC,

Please send me your order #

David Chang
    dsc@seidio.com
    Just took care of it - sent it to you via private message and via email.

Thanks
    is this a forum or customer service FAQ? very confusing place
    Quote Originally Posted by big head
    is this a forum or customer service FAQ? very confusing place
    Welcome to TreoCentral, big_head.

I suppose TreoCentral is whatever we make of it, subject to the moderator's rules. Read the following FAQ about TreoCentral:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/faq.php?