Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Are you using the Matrix SSL product with Chatter? That's required for SSL.
    I'd imagine so, IMAP-SSL works perfectly, just SMTP-SSL dies. Using no auth, not STARTTLS, TCP 465.

I run the mailserver so I know how it's setup/etc (qmail,UW-IMAPr4 + Maildir patch, Juniper/Obtuse SMTPd, stunnel), not new to it, just not sure why Chatter is dying.
    I'm not aware of any problems sending with SSL in Chatter; what version are you using? Can you send a log (instructions in the FAQ at www.chatteremail. com).

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    I'm not aware of any problems sending with SSL in Chatter; what version are you using? Can you send a log (instructions in the FAQ at www.chatteremail. com).

Marc
    Newest beta, errors pointed to DNS resolution based on what the hexedit/hexview of the Log said, I actually had to use FileZ to copy it to SD, and CardExport to nab it to the computer.

I'll install Chatter again and post the log here.
    No, just send me the log (to support@chatteremail.com); if it's a dns issue, then one of the server address/port/ssl box combination are almost certainly wrong.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    No, just send me the log (to support@chatteremail.com); if it's a dns issue, then one of the server address/port/ssl box combination are almost certainly wrong.

Marc
    It isn't, the configuration works in Snapper/Versamail, I even used the IP Address instead of the FQDN. Verified the address is resolvable by using the Prefs->Network->View Log->Ping [FQDN].

TCP 465, SSL, No STARTTLS

The Proxy Nazi's here have blocked the site, Marc can you attach the PRCs that I need to this thread else I will have to wait until I get home to test this.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxer
    He is referring to a little icon showing on the phone screen, showing an icon and how many new, unread email messages are there.

Interestingly, I am using a ROM with Versamail deleted. And just the other day, I noticed that I now get a Snapper Icon with the number of unread emails on the resident phone screen. Before, when versamail was resident in ROM, even with Snapper chosen as my email default, it didn't show up.

Anyway, thought that was pretty neat

That was a recently added feature. Had nothing to do with Versamail being deleted from rom.
    Anyone else able to do this??

shadowboxer, are you using a GSM or CDMA rom? I've wanted that feature for sometime now!!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxer
    He is referring to a little icon showing on the phone screen, showing an icon and how many new, unread email messages are there.

Interestingly, I am using a ROM with Versamail deleted. And just the other day, I noticed that I now get a Snapper Icon with the number of unread emails on the resident phone screen. Before, when versamail was resident in ROM, even with Snapper chosen as my email default, it didn't show up.

Anyway, thought that was pretty neat
    I just registered Chatter last night, and after having a few problems with the installation, everything seems fine. Not only does Marc respond to email quickly, he's put up over 4,000 messages here responding to questions and concerns. You can't argue with customer and technical support like that!
    Gimme the P-Funk!
    [QUOTE=ssrjazz]That was a recently added feature. Had nothing to do with Versamail being deleted from rom.[/QUOTE

ROM update feature or snappermail feature?
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    I used Snappermail on my Kyocera 7135 and it was allright. Tried it on my treo 650 and it was allright.

Then I found Chatter. I use an IMAP server.

I found that Butler was my biggest problem app. After I dumped Butler over the side, I have had ZERO feature problems with Chatter.

Now Marc @ Chatter will have some comments about my brainfade moments during setup. But that is another story :-)
    Is it just me, or is there a problem reading FAQs on the Chattermail website? They appear to be covered by one of the menu lists.

http://www.chatteremail.com/index.ph...id=3&Itemid=57
    Gimme the P-Funk!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12