1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if there are any planned apps that will work with Exchange 2003 SP2 and be able to push email to the device rather than the device pulling it?
    Doesn't Chatter do this? It does everything else. <hehe>
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I haven't heard anything about a program using the new activesync push mechanism. It is essentially an open HTTP socket that receives new message notifications and initiates a true sync, but I'm betting that establishing the socket will require some magic Microsoft-only handshake, which will make it none too easy to hack. Given that this requires activesync, I'm guessing that VersaMail would be the most likely to adopt this since it already licenses A/S from MS. However, I'd certainly not hold my breath for an upgrade that works on the 650. Perhaps it'll be a differentiator for the 700p, or at least something that makes it more competitive against the 700w...

Yep, as long as you have IMAP enabled, Exchange will work very well with Chatter. In fact, the way Chatter works with the IMAP IDLE command is very similar to the MS solution, only using a standard protocol. The only benefit of the MS solution is the integration of synchronized calendar, contacts, and tasks (and of course the need for IMAP to be enabled, which may not be the case for some organizations). For me, I'm sticking with Chatter until I find a really good reason to switch, and this ain't it.
  4.    #4  
    How are you syncing your calendar, via hot sync or wirelessly?
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I personally do so via wired or bluetooth hotsync, but you can also use versamail without adding software. There are a number of other options as well that are more robust and sync more stuff, but these work fine for me.

I think there is a recent discussion in the Chatter Developer forum discussing options for calendar sync with Chatter. Take a look.