Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Just wanted to let you guys know that Handango has SplashBlog as a free download.

Iambic has it posted on their site as free as well but asks for credit card information when you click through. The iambic store is a front for Handango and I hoped that going to the source might eliminate this unnecessary step and, what do you know, it does.

Apparently this version does not require a registration code.
    Regards, RoninKSB
    It's freeware.

The SplashBlog application is FREE - 100 free images on SplashBlog.com
    SplashBlog is FREE to use. A basic photoblog account on splashblog.com is included, and you are allowed to upload 100 images for free. To upload more than 100 images, you need to upgrade to a Pro account for $29.95/year.
    http://www.splashdata.com/splashblog/purchase.htm
    Yeah they changed their model and 100 photo limit version is free. To upgrade is now $ 29.95. If you bought under the old price, whatever that was I can not recall just now, then you get a year free at the pro level.
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    oops, my bad. I though they were still charging for initial entry.
    Regards, RoninKSB
    They used to charge for the application, but gave free unlimited webspace to host the blog on their servers.

They announced the change to hosting 100 free pictures (and then the paid upgrade to host more) and still charged for the app.

Now they've started giving away the app. Guess they refigured their business model.

Now it's kind of like razor blades...give away the razor and make the money on replacement blades.
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    That's what I thought, they initially continued charging for the app when they released 2.0 and have know changed it to free.
    Regards, RoninKSB