1.    #1  
    I am really tech illiterate, so heres the rundown.

I dl the TCMP and all of the plugins.

I ripped a DVD using Pocket DVD to mpeg format.

The player will play the movie seamlessly, quality is great, but there is no sound. I tried all of the sound preferences on the player and still nothing. May be I missed a plug in? Help please!

The movie is in mpeg4 format.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Theres several threads on this that might help. Myself, I rip and then compress into avi format using AGKnot
    I had a similar issue. Did you install all TCPMP files? If so, try uninstalling everything, then reinstall the main prc and add one codec at a time. I hope that helps.
    yeah, sounds like a missing codec. mp4? ACC? Which version of TCPMP?
  5.    #6  
    the problem with .avi is a whole other story. everytime i try to add the avi file into the quick install or hot sync it it says that the palm desktop doesnt support the format...wtf?

as far at tcmp, im going to try uninstalling and reinstalling.
    Misslady...no no..no You don't hotsync the file you need to transfer the file directly to the card using "SoftClick Card Export" or a simple PC card reader that you insert your SD card into. Sometimes QuickInstall/Hotsynch is trying to be too smart for it's own good, trying to figure out what file type it is you have, then trying to move into the right folder - most of the time it's looking for applications not video or office files so it's easily confused. You can load "Softclick Card Export" on your Treo for 14days for free before you purchase it - so you can test it at least.
  7.    #8  
    I used the softkick and wala....i now have movies on my treo! thank you so much for all of the help...and btw, the trial is 21 days now!
    Quote Originally Posted by misslady
    I used the softkick and wala....i now have movies on my treo! thank you so much for all of the help...and btw, the trial is 21 days now!

Another free option btw is Palm File browser if you don't want to pay for card export:

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-...m_File_Browser

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions