Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    I agree with Marky. Try out Resco Locker PSM. I haven't had a reset since enabling it on the 12th (on Marky's suggestion). Could be a coincidence, but I doubt it. All of my background applications are locked.
    Quote Originally Posted by PSM
    Yeah, it was a HARD reset. I was asleep, heard the alarm go off, tapped "clear" to turn it off, and of course the screen blinked once, and then it reset (what else is new?). I was waiting for it to reboot to see if I had lost my prefs, and it comes up with the screen asking me if I want English or Espaņol. What a way to start the day!
    YIKES.. I get annoyed when I gotta restore [Un]Saved Preferences.

My ole SJ22 Clie would sometimes hard reset, but I always just figured it was part of the package with volitile storage, but nvfs, how does that happen? Did it write 0's to the entire nvram or something bizarre?

Yick.
  3. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I already use Resco Locker. I've played around with various combinations of locking. Right now I lock mRing, PowerUp, Snapper, Volumecare and ZLauncher. I stopped locking Butler when I was using it because I've heard it doesn't need it.

I thought I had found the solution to my resets when I began using UDMH, but then lately I began having this hard reset problem. The other day it did it while the phone was in my pocket (apparently when I got an incoming call). I have a feeling it could be related to the new versions of Butler, but I also wondered if somehow UDMH is what has been causing the hard resets instead of the regular prefs-deleting ones, because it messes with the cache. I deleted Butler and disabled UDMH, and so far nothing has happened, but I haven't been using the Treo much since then.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12