Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Anybody use this? Unfortunately, with such a common name, the search is limited.

Mark
    ...can prevent unnecessary threads.
    Link? More info?
    this looks like a total butler ripoff...Rob needs to take a look at the code.
    I have to agree much of Butler's functionality seems to have been "used for inspiration" (cough) .. I like the added minutes tracker though and the SMS Kill Pill. It's by the same developer who does the AddIt stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by djr
    I have to agree much of Butler's functionality seems to have been "used for inspiration" (cough) .. I like the added minutes tracker though and the SMS Kill Pill. It's by the same developer who does the AddIt stuff.
    kill pill is a rip off of msafe by motionapps
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Ripoff or not, it's good to see Butler have some competition! I've had too many crashes as a result of Butler (most recently when I upgraded to 3.27, so I went back to 3.17). I like the other features of Central, so I'm thinking of moving just for those (Do not disturb is a cool feature too) . I would hope the releases are more stable too.
    It always cracks me up when people say a product is a "rip off" of another because it simply has many of the same features as another... hell you might as well call zlauncher is a rip off of the stock launcher or mapopolis is a rip off of tomtom or firefox a rip off of ie or toyotas a rip off of fords.... every product is going to have features that are also in another... its called competition. its what helps keeps prices low and products fresh. enjoy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by durex
    It always cracks me up when people say a product is a "rip off" of another because it simply has many of the same features as another... hell you might as well call zlauncher is a rip off of the stock launcher or mapopolis is a rip off of tomtom or firefox a rip off of ie or toyotas a rip off of fords.... every product is going to have features that are also in another... its called competition. its what helps keeps prices low and products fresh. enjoy it.
    I tend to agree but the almost identical features(for an app with many features it stands out) and then the alrm layout really looks inspired by vorlons if ya know what I mean.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Hey guys... What I need is something that has persistent reminders for SMS messages. TreoAlertManager only seems to have them for reminders, and Butler's stability scare me. Is there anything else out there.

I use SMS messages as a pager, and I need to be bugged when I miss one. I've looked and haven't found anything that fills this niche. There's got to be something I'm missing.

Thanks!
    Mike
    TreoAlertManager works for SMS messages....I used to use it before Butler, which has been *more* stable recently.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Has anyone tried it yet? The interface is a bit prettier, for whatever that is worth (ok, nothing)...is it stable?
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Same here, I tried Butler and nothing but resets, it would even erase all me data. I took it off, and no more resets. So if this is more stable, than Great Job!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Central appears to be a resource hog. It accesses hede and slows my PalmInternals speed test from 5 seconds (with Butler enabled) to 37 seconds. Pretty bad. I'm going back to Butler.
    I tested them both. Butler hands down is more stable and mature. If Central would have been free then I would consider, otherwise I'll spend my money on the one that works.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    As soon as I enabled it the resets started. It didn't unistall completely w/ Destaller either. Had to uninstall twice. Back to Butler.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3
    As soon as I enabled it the resets started. It didn't unistall completely w/ Destaller either. Had to uninstall twice. Back to Butler.
    I noticed that too! I had to run a full restore with Resco Backup to get rid of all of the files.
    Last I tried TreoAlertManager it kept the Treo awake 95% of the time, so the battery ran down really fast. Disabled it and soft reset, problem gone.. Re-enable it, problem back.

The developer said they didn't know what would cause that, and it's likely interaction with another third-party application, so I sent them a list of what's resident and I never heard back again.

That trial went in the trash and I got Butler. Butler is a little shaky sometimes, I had to stick with 3.00 for a long time, but 3.24 seems good.. Haven't tried newer ones yet.
    I too have been frustrated with Butler resets. I installed Central a few days ago and apart from my deliberate resets to check that it turns my radio back on, have not had a crash. Got to say that it looks very good. I will post something more detailed when I have had it for a week or so.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    FYI All of the .PRC's you install do not delete with this program. Even using Dinstaller. I had to manually uninstall with menu/delete.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast