1.    #1  
    A little preface....

I work for the local Sheriff's Office.

Just got my Treo three days ago and have been carrying it in my shirt pocket until I find a suitable case.

Today I was on the phone and an emergency occured. As I ran to my car, I began placing my Treo back in my shirt pocket. I missed and the phone took a nose dive to the pavement.

A chunk of plastic went one way and the phone another. Holding my breath, I picked up the phone and the piece of plastic.

Luckily, the plastic was the dummy sd card. The only sign of damage was a scratch on the bottom corner. The phone works fine, the Palm apps do not appear to be effected.

Definitely was a motivator to get a case!
    IMHO Nutshell is the best case for any device.

Nutshell link
    Yes a good case is a must, a.s.a.p. I also hate when that happends, to make things worse, I have a side slip/cradle/clip, so I keep knocking it down .
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Haha I vividly remember my first drop....the SD card LAUNCHED like an ejection seat!..I was lucky enough to have already found a case though... I like the Vaja lookalikes on ebay or here:

http://store.treocentral.com/content.../4-20--256.htm
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop
    A little preface....

I work for the local Sheriff's Office.

Just got my Treo three days ago and have been carrying it in my shirt pocket until I find a suitable case.

Today I was on the phone and an emergency occured. As I ran to my car, I began placing my Treo back in my shirt pocket. I missed and the phone took a nose dive to the pavement.

A chunk of plastic went one way and the phone another. Holding my breath, I picked up the phone and the piece of plastic.

Luckily, the plastic was the dummy sd card. The only sign of damage was a scratch on the bottom corner. The phone works fine, the Palm apps do not appear to be effected.

Definitely was a motivator to get a case!
    Is it haggard yet? Try and enter it into my contest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    IMHO Nutshell is the best case for any device.

Nutshell link
    Agreed, and with fantastic customer service to boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by elder_shawn
    Haha I vividly remember my first drop....the SD card LAUNCHED like an ejection seat!..I was lucky enough to have already found a case though... I like the Vaja lookalikes on ebay or here:
    Same here. Poor thing fell two meters to concrete and BAM! out came the SD and battery. Gah! Popped the battery back in and it just roared back to life.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Haha same thing happened to me the other day except in class... I was doing the usual, dozing off, and it slipped outta my hand and down to the tiled floor. My 1GB sd card went flyin' out but that was the only thing.
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    Agreed, and with fantastic customer service to boot.
    Can only echo Jaharr's sentiments regarding Nutshell's customer service and they produce a quality product to boot. I recently had occasion to have some interaction with their customer service and their response exceeded anything I have ever experienced from any vendor anywhere. They made me a customer for life!
    Here! here!,, for Nutshell, the best of the best