Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. slinky's Avatar
    Posts
    578 Posts
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
       #1  
    Versamail had this great feature where I could use IMAP and when I hotsynced the device it would also download all my email. Versa is a great app but needs some features, e.g. storing attachments on the SD card and makes it unusable for this reason.

    I can't seem to get Chattermail to do this nor Snappermail. Has anyone got this setup properly? I want to completely ditch my Verizon unlimited data plan and just use hotsync and also have these apps NOT dial out to send/receive email.

    Thanks to everyone's input.
  2. #2  
    I Have Versa Set To Store New Messages To Card, And I Assume It's Saving The Attachments There Too.
  3. slinky's Avatar
    Posts
    578 Posts
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by DAGGZ
    I Have Versa Set To Store New Messages To Card, And I Assume It's Saving The Attachments There Too.
    I didn't realize that it can do this as well. I read somewhere that this isn't the case but I'll try it.

    Is anyone else using Chatter or Snapper to pull in email in this fashion? They are much more robust packages. Chatter has some great features but the UI is a nightmare.
  4. #4  
    you know, i can not find the option anymore, maybe it was chatter that i was using, but like you said the ui was a royal pain. so i went back to versamail.

    i think the last attchm't i rec'd .. i may have used zlauncher to move it after i saved it.. i'm comfused now. lol
  5. slinky's Avatar
    Posts
    578 Posts
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
       #5  
    Ugh... after setting up versamail so nicely I can't find it anywhere and it seems you may have done this manually. Why oh why can't this great application be updated properly?

    Anyone else able to sync and download email using IMAP when hotsynced or connected to your cradle? I think this is a very useful feature so you can take your messages on the road, reply, and connect when you are back.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    Ugh... after setting up versamail so nicely I can't find it anywhere and it seems you may have done this manually. Why oh why can't this great application be updated properly?

    Anyone else able to sync and download email using IMAP when hotsynced or connected to your cradle? I think this is a very useful feature so you can take your messages on the road, reply, and connect when you are back.

    I have had my IT guy set up my Exchange Server with IMAP so the three of us with Treos can sync. I am not sure if it sync's via IMAP in the Cradle, but I know it does wirelessly. I also have two staff members using Palm Handhelds (one Tungsten E2 & one Zire 72) both are definately syncing with their Outlook via IMAP.
  7. 1234ipad's Avatar
    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    #7  
    Anybody,

    My employer just moved me to their Exchange Server 2003 for email. Prior, I was using Snappermail on my Sprint Treo 650 with an ISP email account and it worked great. Any experience/success out there setting up the versaMail account on the phone and syncing with VersaMail/Exchange Activesync/Corporate Microsoft Exchange server 2003?
  8. #8  
    i am using the activesync for an exchange server. i works very nicely for me. i have it to sync every 5 minutes. The only down side is the amount of battery it uses doing it this way. other than that it does exactly what i wanted it to do when i purchesed the phone.
  9. slinky's Avatar
    Posts
    578 Posts
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
       #9  
    DOn't have exchange. I've gotten Inbox To Go to work adequately but the truth is that it sucks. DataViz has let that whole series sort of go to pot. They haven't updated anything in years and have lived off the fat of the land. Maybe they sense Palm has committed its own suicide... Don't know. I do know I invested way too much money in Palm apps that I'll have to crossgrade when I get a Windows Mobile device... unfortunately.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    Versamail had this great feature where I could use IMAP and when I hotsynced the device it would also download all my email. Versa is a great app but needs some features, e.g. storing attachments on the SD card and makes it unusable for this reason.

    I can't seem to get Chattermail to do this nor Snappermail. Has anyone got this setup properly? I want to completely ditch my Verizon unlimited data plan and just use hotsync and also have these apps NOT dial out to send/receive email.

    Thanks to everyone's input.
    You can store attachments to the SD card by selecting and holding down the attachment name (within the email). This is easier todo with the stylus. This will bring up a menu to provide you the option to store the attachment to the SD card. I do this often and then I can access it later from Docs to Go.

Posting Permissions