1.    #1  
    I just got a replacement 650 and was wondering if I should reformat my SD card. I don't want any old files to mess up my new Treo.
    Or, are there only certain folders I should erase?

Thanks!
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    If the SD card was used in the original Treo 650, I would not think that you would need to reformat it.

I, however, do reformat new SD cards with my Treo before loading anything to them. Don't know why, I just do. Probably some misplaced belief that they will be nice to each other, if I do.

Cheers, Perry.
    Yes, I always do that to. Reformat new SD cards if your using for your Treo.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I thought that was standard practice to reformat new cards......seriously.

Just gives me that fresh new feeling.
    -jeff

...the Truth will set you free!
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    When I got my 650 replaced, I just popped the old SD card into the new Treo and did a restore from Backup Buddy. Basically, I treated the device swap as if I'd just done a hard reset. It was a seamless transition.

How are you loading the new Treo? Backup utility? Hotsync? App-by-app reinstall?
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Quote Originally Posted by kvcobra
    When I got my 650 replaced, I just popped the old SD card into the new Treo and did a restore from Backup Buddy. Basically, I treated the device swap as if I'd just done a hard reset. It was a seamless transition.

How are you loading the new Treo? Backup utility? Hotsync? App-by-app reinstall?
    Yep - this is where Backup Buddy shines. It sure can screw up a ROM upgrade, though, which is why I don't use it.