1.    #1  
    Can anyone help me get my work email set up with Versamail? My firm has an evil IT department who will not help me set up my 650. They give us all blackberries and have their hands full supporting those.

Anyway, what information do I need to enter into Versamail and where does it get entered? I know my network login and username. I think I also know the name of the exchange server (FRANK, or something like that).

Can I set it up from my end, or would something need to be done by an administrator?

BTW, yes I read the manual, but it didn't help. (My POP3 account for my home email is already set up and it works great.)
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    It depends on how accessible the Exchange server is outside of your company network. If I had to guess, it's probably not accessible outside except maybe via VPN connection. In that situation, you would need to use a redirector application running on your work PC, to basically relay your work email to your Treo. Some carriers have this available, such as Sprint's Business Connection Personal. There are similar applications available outside of the carrier's, but I can't remember their names.
    Here's the info on how mine is setup - may or may not be the same for you:

User name: first.middleinitial.last (same as email address with the @company.com)
    Password: same as for Outlook/exchange on desktop
    Email Address: first.middleinitial.last@company.com
    Mail Server: xxx.mail.companyname.com (note this is the same as the URL for accessing my email via the web, if you can do that, there is a good chance that you can use Activesync to get your email) based on your inital message, you may replace xxx with Frank.
    Advanced Settings:
    Port Number: 443
    User SSL

good luck
    Hey thanks geneld, I was searching for a way to make mine work since I have similar circumstances to above....uncooperative IT...BES focus...and I successfully figured out what OWA means...Outlook Web Access..and connected and synced the first time.
    glad it helped.
  6.    #6  
    I can get my email via internet by pointing my browser to webmail.companyname.com, but cant seem to figure out how to set up vmail. Can anyone help with the set-up? IT is not cooperative.

Once I login it at webmail.companyname.com it goes to Microsoft Outlook Web Access at http://mailgateway.companyname.com/exchange/

What type of account do I tell vmail I am setting up? pop/imap/exchange activesync

When I tell it to use exchange activesync it tells me it will sync calendar too and will wipe out my calendar. I chicken out there and quit. Is there a way to only sync the email?
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    In versamail - you need to setup the account as an exchange activesync. Use mailgateway.companyname.com as your server and the user name and password from the webmail.

Yes using activesync will automatically delete anything on your treo calendar and begin synching directly from the exchange server. Assuming you are using Outlook for your calendar and synching that with exchange (quick test - can you see all of your calendar entries wehn you login to OWA?) then even though it will delete your current calendar, you should get everything back (actually only the last week is syncing onto your Treo).
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by geneld
    In versamail - you need to setup the account as an exchange activesync. Use mailgateway.companyname.com as your server and the user name and password from the webmail.

Yes using activesync will automatically delete anything on your treo calendar and begin synching directly from the exchange server. Assuming you are using Outlook for your calendar and synching that with exchange (quick test - can you see all of your calendar entries wehn you login to OWA?) then even though it will delete your current calendar, you should get everything back (actually only the last week is syncing onto your Treo).
    Thanks, but it didn't work. When I started the communiation test I got:

(0004)There was a problem connecting to server. Check your network settings and try again <OK>