1.    #1  
    At home and work?

Any issues to look forward to?

Any comments would be appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by galingula
    At home and work?

Any issues to look forward to?

Any comments would be appreciated
    Other than having your personal calendar on the corporate exchange server?
    FWIW, I avoid the issue of having personal data on the corporate Exchange server by using KeySuite. I keep personal items in one folder, work items in another. KeySuite's pretty flexible about allowing me to decide how to sync each folder on each machine.
    I SYNC TO MY LAPTOP AND MY WORK DESKTOP AND MY HOME PC.

i've set up custom settings on each systems in hotsync, so that only certain items sync and others overwrite and back up.

no real issues as of yet.
    I have been doing it for years on as many as three computers--home, work and my assistant's. No problems at all.
    I sync with regular ole personal Outlook 2000 at home and Exchange Outlook 2003 at work. I find there are some issues with new entries being synced correctly and checked off todo items being given the correct check/no check designation.

Everything is set to sync (not one overwrites the other) and the conflict is set for handheld to win. Somewhere I remember also clicking yes to "allow it to sync to multiple computers."

The first time I set it up I got a duplicate of everything, but somehow I fixed that. I forget how.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    I sync at work and home. Works fine except it slows down the process on my calendar and contacts. Even with no changes, a sync at work causes the sync at home to go through the entire database and check for updates.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    I have the same problem as rbenjami. I get duplicates on several occasions and it is a pain to redo them. I wish the process of removing duplicates was easier.
    there is options in hotsync to allow dups or not.. also use the custom hotsync option to set up each machine as needed, helps a ton
    I don't have the dup problem anymore, but when I make changes on one desktop or the other or my Treo is doesn't always sync properly. I have everything set for sync the files and handheld wins. I doubt it ever really gets to the conflict/handheld wins option - I think the hot sync log would show that when it does.

I really wish I could figure out why it seems not to really sync despite being set to do so.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    I found dups often caused by the appointment alarm going off, you cleared it (there by editing the record), and seperately, you cleared your desktop alarm before a sync (so both are edited).

I sync with my laptop (offc2003), and work desktop (offc2000). What I found work best for me is:

1. My outlook pst file is on removable media, so both my desktop and laptop always see the same mailbox/contact/etc. Been doing that long before I have the Treo.

2. I set the profile name on my laptop outlook (2003) matching that of my desktop outlook (2000). (Can't seem to change 2000, but with 2003, go to control panel, click email icon, copy current profile to matching name which is "Outlook Internet Settings". You can see that the profile name in your sync folder file OcUiProfile.ini after you sync once.

3. On both my laptop and my desktop, I set the palm sync folder to R:\palmsync (R for my removable drive letter)

4. I select sync with this computer only - not sync with two computer.

So, Hotsync always think I have one computer only. Infact, it is two computers with one set of files: same outlook file and same plam/hotsync files. It doesn't give me any dups.

When I switch machines, it complains that dups may occur since it was last sync on a different computer; but with same files, dups never occur.

Works very nice - no dup since, and all files matches at all times.

Before I got PCMCIA adaptor for my desktop, I use to netshare my laptop outlook PST for my desktop so outlook folders are the same and always with me (on my laptop). That works well on the outlook side. I have not try using netshare drives with hotsync so I am not sure netsharing the folder works as well as removable media. I put my PST and hotsync files on a flash card and defined both drive letters as R - avoid the auto drive letter as that may change when you plug in other things.

Rick
    I sync to palm desktop at home and at work. I haven't noticed any problems.
    i synched at work and now my calendar and contacts won't synch at home anymore. says the conduit is different on the device and i don't know how that could be when i haven't installed anything new. doesn anyone know how to fix this?
    are you using the same version of palm desktop at both locations (off the 650 CD)? What if you set the sync to palm overwrite?