1.    #1  
    Although other threads have mentioned this and even indicated it worked with the Treo 650, those same threads seem to show confusion as if the Plantronics headset was the Discovery 640 or the Explorer version. Plantronics website indicates the Discovery 640 does NOT work with the 650.

Can someone please post if they have this headset and have used it extensively??? What type of experience have you had in relation to the following:
    -call quality?
    -volume?
    -transfer time from 650 to headset?
    -comfort?
    -ease of use?

Thanks in advance.
  2.    #2  
    Kind and gentle bump.

I don't want to order one without some feedback. Thanks... :-)
    I feel your pain.
    Sony
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Markstanco
    I feel your pain.
    Sony
    Thanks... hopefully someone will post soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff NYC
    Although other threads have mentioned this and even indicated it worked with the Treo 650, those same threads seem to show confusion as if the Plantronics headset was the Discovery 640 or the Explorer version. Plantronics website indicates the Discovery 640 does NOT work with the 650.

Can someone please post if they have this headset and have used it extensively??? What type of experience have you had in relation to the following:
    -call quality?
    -volume?
    -comfort?
    -ease of use?

Thanks in advance.
    Actually the Plantronics website DOES say it's compatable with the 650

http://www.plantronics.com/north_ame...questid=120226
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Well I have the Treo 600 and use the Jabra a210 with the Discovery 640 and it works fine. Plantronics doesnít list the 640 as working with the Jabra a210 but it work great. I love the form factor. The range was my primary concern considering the size of the 640 but I use it in my apartment just fine, im able to go into other rooms without dropping the connections. I can confirm a good 20feet if you are in line of site. Of course as you get further from the adapter you begin to notice static which isnít transmitted to the recipient. The incoming sound is excellent, as far as outgoing I would say its good as the headset picks up a lot of noise...I was talking with someone while I was cooking some hash and they heard the sizzling of the frying pan (it wasnít that loud for me but they commented several time about what I was doing and that it was really loud). The clarity is still up in the air because I have to record to a voicemail to test which isnít as good as a real convo... but it is definitely clear enough to decipher.
    My major complaint with this headset is the gel piece, while 3 sizes are included and fit very well (the earhook is really not needed but does give extra security) they can easily pop off of the headset and become lost. I have just lost my second gel earpiece and now im force to use the biggest of the 3 gel earpieces until I can order a replacement earpiece.
    The other and really only of 2 complaints is the case for the headset, while it does provide a good secure fit there is enough friction to scratch the headset. I have 2 white dots where silver finish has been scratched from constant inserting of the headset in the carrying case

The coolest features are the adapters and the battery charger. It come with 3 major cell adapters (I know one is nokia..I think moto and one more I cant remember) that you can connect your existing cell phone charger to charge the headset or simply use the double AA battery adapter and connect it to the carrying case and it will charge the headset using the double AA battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff NYC

-call quality?
    -volume?
    -comfort?
    -ease of use?

Thanks in advance.

i use the 640 w/ my treo 650 adn it works. I would not buy it again. i would look for a different solution...I am....any suggestions in a better headset?
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO