Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

I finally got the full version of the 1.14 ROM. It contains all of the files complete and unmodified.

Download FULL ROM Thanks to KeyserSoze for being the messenger to this Full Rom. : )

Download Stripped ROM

*All non english files have been removed including Tips, Versamail and its related files, Real Player and Calculator. For those who will use this for customization, do not go beyond 8 mb or else you'll turn your Treo 650 to a blinker

Download Firmware 1.43 Update Only

*Use this is you dont want to upgrade from 1.13 and just want to improve mic, faster DTMF Tones, handset and speakerphone volume.

Download Jorang_ROM_Updated
    Stripped ROM plus VersaMail (Complete) and Calculator

Download Idian_ROM
    Stripped ROM plus Calculator
    Last edited by MFB; 10/13/2005 at 11:35 AM.
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Possibly its to much to ask, but could you also post a prepared version of the ROM - just as the one you have named "Stripped ROM" but including Versamail and Calc.

I would very much appreciate such a ROM - just for me to load without having to "tamper" with the "Full ROM"-file as linked to above
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Any word on when this will be available officially from P1?
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by jorang
    Possibly its to much to ask, but could you also post a prepared version of the ROM - just as the one you have named "Stripped ROM" but including Versamail and Calc.

I would very much appreciate such a ROM - just for me to load without having to "tamper" with the "Full ROM"-file as linked to above
    I would appreciate the same thing, stripped down but still have versamail and Calc.

How much room does this create to put other programs back in? Is 8Mb the max size for ace-palmos.zip?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  5.    #5  
    Yes, that's the max size. Going above the limit will surely cause your Treo 650 to blink repeatedly and become unusable. There has been two fatalities over at SPUG.

Jorang ROM will be available tomorrow. : )
    Last edited by MFB; 10/10/2005 at 09:20 AM.
    Does the Cingular Network Select Hack work with this ROM? Can anyone that has tried it share please? That would be the one that that keeps me from updating, because I NEEEEED this hack badly at my home.
    It doesnt work. I tried it.

I actually went back to the cingular 1.15 rom to be able to use the network hack.

We need the hack for this rom.
    Last edited by chris073; 10/10/2005 at 02:53 PM. Reason: additional information
    There is a LARGE thread on this that explains how the 'hack' on that overlay was done, and how to reproduce it. You have to make the overlay file for each specific software that you're using.

So look up that thread and see how it's done, or nicely ask one of the guys that worked on it to do it. You'll probably have to provide them with the overlay file from the 1.14 software to alter.
    Noooooooooooooo
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    or nicely ask one of the guys that worked on it to do it.
    I think thats what we are doing here
    I've attempted a patch for manual network select. Please see this post:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...029&post822029
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    Hi guys,

I finally got the full version of the 1.14 ROM. It contains all of the files complete and unmodified.

Download FULL ROM

Download Stripped ROM

*All non english files have been removed including Tips, Versamail and its related files, Real Player and Calculator. For those who will use this for customization, do not go beyond 8 mb or else you'll turn your Treo 650 to a blinker

Download Firmware 1.43 Update Only

*Use this is you dont want to upgrade from 1.13 and just want to improve mic, faster DTMF Tones, handset and speakerphone volume.
    Thanks MFB.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    wow. this is great, thanks, been waiting for this a long time! Anyone try the full version yet?
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    that's funny. the hack i've used for 1.31 worked fine with 1.43.
    original cingular locked, then unlocked, then upgraded to 1.13 ROW/1.31 firmware ... then to 1.43 firmware ..

I didn't upgrade the ROM though, so that's probably the reason.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by z3bum
    wow. this is great, thanks, been waiting for this a long time! Anyone try the full version yet?
    As of this post, download of the Full Rom I posted has already reached 106.
    Last edited by MFB; 10/10/2005 at 11:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by drensin
    that's funny. the hack i've used for 1.31 worked fine with 1.43.
    original cingular locked, then unlocked, then upgraded to 1.13 ROW/1.31 firmware ... then to 1.43 firmware ..

I didn't upgrade the ROM though, so that's probably the reason.
    You got it backward. The hack is for the software version, the firmware version is completely urelated.
    Use the 1.13-ROW hack if you have software version 1.13-ROW regardless of the firmware version.
    So if you have 1.13-ROW sofware and upgrade your firmware from 1.28 OR 1.32 to 1.43 and did NOT upgrade the software, you still keep using the 1.13-ROW hack. The hack only broke for those who updated the software to 1.14dbg, in which case I just posted a patch for 1.14dbg today.
    Thank you MFB and taylorh... I'm sure you helped out alooooooot of treo 650 users, including me! Thanks for taking the time!!!
    Man. I wish there was one for the Sprint version. You guys are having all the fun!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  19.    #19  
    Jorang ROM has been added on the first post for download.

Sweider, you might want that too. It contains versamail and calculator. : )
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    MFB - I've now posted the link you provided above in the tread at MTDN. (I stated it was dedicated... :lol: :lol

I also asked for a clarification on the banning issue in the same tread...

And I must of couse not forget - Thanks for the "JoranG ROM"
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast