Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    actually, the card was in there all the time. anyway i tried upgrading once more

now it shows 1.14/1.43

but backupman still resets after every backup. it does the backup fine, but my treo will just soft reset itself everytime after a backup
    three days and NOT A SINGLE OUT OF MEMORY RESET! And Goodlink is running. finally. I might even keep the treo now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toem
    do you have another language then english installed?

I use german and i cannot use the call log, because of resets everytime i want to go into the call log.

Toem
    I use English, did not look at other languages. When you reset the Treo 650, and start Quick Tour, do you get a 5-15 sec white screen delay before it starts? Sometimes immedeate start, sometimes only part of the picture. I start quick tour before I start any 'resseting aps', such as in my case TomTom. It helps in my case. no resets at all, except sometimes quick tour.
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    But the software is buggy, and it absolutely should be if it's a between-release build. And the firmware results in reduced call quality. No improvements in speaker, mic, or stability. The only upside I've found is a slighly faster dialing of ....
    Don't agree fully, it is much more stable, I had 2-3 resets a day and more if I used email and Naviation a lot. Back to just one in 3 days for now.

About the call quality: Do you mean Treo side call quality? I noticed an increased volume , however much distortion on the handset and the speakerphone. Like the speaker is vibrating. However my head set and digital sound on the handset and speakerphone like TomTom's have no distortion at all.
  5.    #85  
    Download links I posted at mytreo.net has been removed at the request of Palm.
    Hi,

Thanks for posting this. I was just going to begin my first attempt at a custom ROM upgrade tonight and was looking for just this thing.

Is the file still up for download at the provided link? If not, can anyone point me to the current location? I am specifically looking for the stripped ROM file.

Thanks in advance for any info and help.
    anyone can mail me the jorang ROM..blacky2thumb@gmail.com...thanks alot
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscuron
    anyone can mail me the jorang ROM..blacky2thumb@gmail.com...thanks alot
    I've just downloaded it from post nr. 1.
    Go there and try..........
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    I've just downloaded it from post nr. 1.
    Go there and try..........

hmmm...i tried..it led me to rapid share page....
    http://rapidshare.de/files/5896399/1...G_ROM.zip.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscuron
    hmmm...i tried..it led me to rapid share page....
    http://rapidshare.de/files/5896399/1...G_ROM.zip.html

ok..that's what its supposed to do...

Scroll down to the buttom of the page and click "Free" download. It will then take you to another page there will be a countdown timer in the middle of the page telling you what the wait is to download files...when that times out it will give you a link to download the file

it works just fine
    You can get a full list of GSM ROMs that I'm aware of, which includes ones by MBF 1.41/1.43 (thanks MFB), some 1.28 by the undersigned, some ROM's also have additional alternative download links. Some of the alternative download links are direct download, and have no intermediate pages/sites.

Treo650ROM@gmail.com

If anyone knows of other ROMs to include in a full list, which is in development, please advise.

This develloping list hopefully precludes PalmOne from closing down the information of download availability/sites. Hopefully TreoCentral will be left alone by PalmOne... but that is probably just a fantasy.

Maria
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    Jorang,

I have posted an updated ROM on the first post.

Idian,

Your ROM is also there.
    Thanks MFB, done reflashing and it has worked really well.
    Stable and no reset.
    Thanks again.
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by idian
    Thanks MFB, done reflashing and it has worked really well.
    Stable and no reset.
    Thanks again.
    You're welcome! I for one has have gone back to 1.13 but with 1.43 firmware. Hope Palmone releases the rumored update within the month.
    You're welcome! I for one has have gone back to 1.13 but with 1.43 firmware. Hope Palmone releases the rumored update within the month.
    May i ask why you went back to 1.13 ?
  15.    #95  
    May i ask why you went back to 1.13 ?
    Ok, I totally went back to 1.13/1.31. Issues with the dbg ROM and firmware are the following:

1. Blazer 4.2 doesnt work well with the proxy server I use. I can no longer access wap sites from my network provider.
    2. Mic always picks up extra sound and makes it appear to always have some noise. Echoing is evident too if the handset volume is too loud. This is a result of the mic being sensitive.
    3. SMS timestamp is always advanced and doesnt show what time I really got the message
    Ok, I totally went back to 1.13/1.31. Issues with the dbg ROM and firmware are the following:

1. Blazer 4.2 doesnt work well with the proxy server I use. I can no longer access wap sites from my network provider.
    2. Mic always picks up extra sound and makes it appear to always have some noise. Echoing is evident too if the handset volume is too loud. This is a result of the mic being sensitive.
    3. SMS timestamp is always advanced and doesnt show what time I really got the message

Funny, I have never experienced all the above.
    But then I don't connect to proxy on my Blazer.
    Anyway, I am glad I upgrade to the new FW/SW and my sincere thanks to you.
  17.    #97  
    Funny, I have never experienced all the above.
    But then I don't connect to proxy on my Blazer.
    Anyway, I am glad I upgrade to the new FW/SW and my sincere thanks to you.
    The timestamp issue might be related to my network. Im currently using 1.43/1.13 now. The 1.43 firmware doesnt cause the treo to slowdown or freeze.
    Im glad you were able to upgrade. : )
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    This is my first intl trip after upgrading. The Network Select option is no longer available in the phone app. (Unlocked GSM on Cing)

Any ideas?

Otherwise, still no lockups 1.5 weeks after the upgrade.
    Preferences/Communication/Network

MBF,
    thanks for all what you do for all Treo Lovers (i.e. your thread with all download links).

I'm on 1.43/1.13ROW and I did not notice problem nr 2 and 3.
    Everything is fine and I want to wait much more time before saying I'm freeze free!!
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast