Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Thankx...

I'll leave it until next week with the update (weekend-trip.. )
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    Jorang,

I have posted an updated ROM on the first post.

Idian,

Your ROM is also there.
    MFB question for you, does the full "Unstripped" version contains all languages ? (I'm looking for the french).
    Does anyone know if this (1.43) will cure "soft" resets when a call comes in? I have this happen randomly. Thanks
  4.    #64  
    Yes full ROM contains English, French, Italian, German and Spanish.
    does anyone have information about when the real official update will be released ?
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Anybody else having difficulty with PDAnet via bluetooth after installing this update? It keeps refusing to connect. Which is odd, because bluetooth hotsync is working fine for me. Just curious if I should keep trying to troubleshoot or not.

EDIT: Nevermind, the problem was actually PC side (my bluetooth config). PDAnet is working great again.
    Last edited by vebix; 10/17/2005 at 07:20 AM.
    I made two Customs ROM based on the Stripped ROM.

Custom ROM Freeware, it is a Stripped + LedOff, File Z, SoundRec, Converter, Graffiti Anywhere, RadioControl, KeyGuardTime, Versamail and calculator.
    and
    Custom ROM Tuna: Freeware above + Abacus, BackupBuddyVFS, Datebook5, McFile, Takephone, Verichat and Zlauncher

About the size of the ROMs

Custom ROM Stripped - 5.845kb freeware http://rapidshare.de/files/5896399/1.43_1.14DBG_ROM.zip

Custom ROM Freeware - 6.540kb freeware - www.ktmonline.com.br/143_114dbgFREE_ROM.zip

Custom ROM Tuna - 7.712kb shareware - www.ktmonline.com.br/143_114dbgTUNA_ROM.zip

Custom ROM FULL - 8.423kb - freeware - www.ktmonline.com.br/1.43_1.14dbgFULL_ROM.zip

The shareware programs on the ROM will work only Trial period , after that must be registered.
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    The very first post of this thread (Post #1) has 3 download options.
    Download the one called "Download Firmware 1.43 Update Only" which contains the files needed for the firmware only update.

Download it.
    Unzip the files
    Back up your treo
    Do a hard reset and go through the initial set up screens on the treo.
    Install the files from the unzip
    run the firmware installer
    Restore your back up.

The hard resest is precautionary only, to make sure you don't have programs that will screw up the firmware install and to make sure your memory is empte enough to complete the install.
    Quote Originally Posted by dineau
    I have used this method, but it's important to copy the files in the Launcher folder which is a subfolder of the PALM folder. Everything went smooth and after a sync everything came back as before.
    Now hope that I will see the mentionned improvement of this FW, especially the volume improvement.
    Copying the start file and the directory in the Palm folder on a fromatted SD (so not in the Launcher, same sturcture and location as the ZIP files) worked fine for me. I upgraded from 1.13/1.28 to 1.14dbg/1.43_1
    What I would add when upgrading is: be patient after the ROM update, there are a number of resets perhaps 3-5, i did not count them. But after a while the Palm setup screen appears. I did not remove the SD card before that setup screen appeared.
    Quote Originally Posted by mportune
    Anybody else having difficulty with PDAnet via bluetooth after installing this update? It keeps refusing to connect. Which is odd, because bluetooth hotsync is working fine for me. Just curious if I should keep trying to troubleshoot or not.
    I have had many problems with PDAnet via a cable connection with every ROM release. I have emailed junefabrics looking for an update. In my opinion they have been poor in updating this expensive application.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    1. Will this upgrade work with an unbranded, unlocked GSM phone? In one of the threads, someone warned that it was a CDMA firmware.

2. Concerning the 8 MB cut-off ~ does this mean ~ no less than 8 MB free in ROM after you complete your custom ROM using Shadowmite's tool? Could you further explain this?

3. If you load a program like ZLauncher.prc into ROM, does it work? It seems like there is a pdb file with that program too, which this thread states loading pdb into ROM is a NO-NO.

Thanks,
    Dim-Ize
    Frickin' sweet.
    Sp-, eh, thank you all.
    Unlocked 750v: Voice / Data
    Blackberry 7130c: Private Line
    Motorola v60g T-Mo: Business Voice
    Also HTC TyTN factory; Palm LifeDrive & TX
    7 year Cingular/PacBell veteran.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dim-Ize
    1. Will this upgrade work with an unbranded, unlocked GSM phone? In one of the threads, someone warned that it was a CDMA firmware. ....
    1.14dbg/1.43_1 works on my unlocked/unbranded European Treo 650 GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999
    1.14dbg/1.43_1 works on my unlocked/unbranded European Treo 650 GSM
    do you have another language then english installed?

I use german and i cannot use the call log, because of resets everytime i want to go into the call log.

Toem
    Some of the ROM versions posted here are stripped down to ENGLISH only. You need to be careful!
    Why don't you guys just install the FIRMWARE alone instead of messing with the ROM?!
    Quote Originally Posted by joolsca
    Some of the ROM versions posted here are stripped down to ENGLISH only. You need to be careful!
    I've installed the FULL-ROM.

All applications are in german.

Toem
    i updated my Treo 650 with the Full ROM.

the funny thing is, it still says 1.13 instead of 1.14.... but it's 1.43 now

anyone? help!
    Hello Guys
    actually the firmware ruined my phone i couldn't turn on my phone
    i've tried to downgrade to 1.23 fw but every time at the begining of flashing the treo goes to soft reset .
    do u have any ideas guys ? or should i send the treo to the retailer for fixation??
    Quote Originally Posted by Toem
    do you have another language then english installed?

I use german and i cannot use the call log, because of resets everytime i want to go into the call log.

Toem
    Good point. I don't know why any of us are messing with this development build let alone wasting time making custom ROMs for it. I was willing to try the firmware alone because changes to the firmware should be relatively small and generally stable unlike the software. I was hoping for minor improvements.
    But the software is buggy, and it absolutely should be if it's a between-release build. And the firmware results in reduced call quality. No improvements in speaker, mic, or stability. The only upside I've found is a slighly faster dialing of DTMF tones which I could care less.
    Also, how many people have to brick thier Treo before people stop messing with it? I admire the excitement of the hardcores, but the rest (especially novices) should probabally note that there is minimal to no gain messing with this and should just leave it alone or risk you $600 phone. Palm will not replace it under warantee.

I've learned all I can from this build which is that it's no good. So I'm going to unsubscribe from this thread (well soon after I've read any replies.)
    Last edited by taylorh; 10/18/2005 at 01:04 PM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Drsyndrome
    Hello Guys
    actually the firmware ruined my phone i couldn't turn on my phone
    i've tried to downgrade to 1.23 fw but every time at the begining of flashing the treo goes to soft reset .
    do u have any ideas guys ? or should i send the treo to the retailer for fixation??
    Did you try a "Hard Reset." Then try to downgrade the firmware?
    How are you trying to downgrade the firmware, with the full updater or just the firmware updater?
    If hard reset doesn't work, then did you try a "Zero Out"?
    You can get it turned on long enough to get the firmware updater loaded?

There's a boot loader mode, but I have no idea how that works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilthoniel
    i updated my Treo 650 with the Full ROM.
    the funny thing is, it still says 1.13 instead of 1.14.... but it's 1.43 now
    anyone? help!
    You probably removed the SD card prematurely, i.e. leave the SD card in until you see the touchscreen synchronizatiom screen, which comes up after a couple of soft resets.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast