Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Thanks .I will try it ...Bless me
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper2k
    THANK YOU for the help in providing this update! It was a lot of work wading through all the languages, and your assistance is very much appreciated.

I did notice one little thing - in the "Jorang Version," the actual VersaMail application is missing. The MultiMail files (app & en_US overlay) are not there.

(Yeah, I'm one of the three Treo 650 users that actually USE VersaMail )

You are right, I did forget the 2.

Jorang, I'll just re upload the new ROM adding the 2 files I missed out.
    Thank u guys for replying..
    the probleme is after i flashed the rom everything went alright except when i wanna turn on the phone by pressing the power button it takes few seconeds and then a message pop up and say "not enough power to activate the phone" to turn on the phone
    my battery is full , i have tried to reflash it again but it didn't work at all ,every time there is a soft reset at the begining of thr reflashing process
    pleaze help!!
    Last edited by Drsyndrome; 10/12/2005 at 06:14 AM.
    Becareful guys may its CDMA rom ??
    Keep me posted when you updated the "Jorang Version" with working VersaMail.

Thanks Dale
    Quote Originally Posted by Drsyndrome
    Thank u guys for replying..
    the probleme is after i flashed the rom everything went alright except when i wanna turn on the phone by pressing the power button it takes few seconeds and then a message pop up and say "not enough power to activate the phone" to turn on the phone
    my battery is full , i have tried to reflash it again but it didn't work at all ,every time there is a soft reset at the begining of thr reflashing process
    pleaze help!!

Make sure to do a HARD reset before trying to reflash.
    I updated to the 1.14 full rom and now I have lots of resets and unwanted crashes. I have problems with LightWav - I've reset in incoming call, I have problem with PocketTunes too. And I get reset everytime I am trying write different letter via ALT key and PiLoc.

So, I'd like do downgrade to official 1.12 software, but I can't. Updater says that I have newer version instaled and cancel upgrade process.

Do you have any suggestions? Or could anybody do change of updater.prc to bypass checking function?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moren
    Do you have any suggestions? Or could anybody do change of updater.prc to bypass checking function?
    The 1.23 beta ROM always the firmware to be downgraded. You'll then have to flash again if you want to upgrade. Use 1.23 as your base.
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    I PM'ed you the link to DL the earlier unofficial ROM-releases, and explained the procedure.

Have you tried performing as adviced?
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    Here's a pretty good step-by-step for performing an update via SD card (it was for an older version, but the process is the same):
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/showpost.php?p=647997

<edit>
    Make sure that you hard reset first.
    </edit>
    thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by jorang
    I PM'ed you the link to DL the earlier unofficial ROM-releases, and explained the procedure.

Have you tried performing as adviced?

It works fine. Thanks guys. Thanks to Jorang for links and help. I'd like to see back my loved 1.13 in my software version. Maybe I'll try change firmware but not software.
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    You're welcome
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    You are right, I did forget the 2.

Jorang, I'll just re upload the new ROM adding the 2 files I missed out.
    MFB - did you forget this one
    JoranG
    I've just taken the plunge & upgraded my f/w to 1.43.

I do not have a card reader, so I backup the treo, hard reset, create new username in palm desktop eg update, transfer all 7 fies to the quick install manager under the new username. hotsync, run the gsm updater. wait for it to finish & restart. then I hard reset again & hotsynced my data across using my normal username & removed the 'update' username. simple. now I have 1.43 f/w & 1.13 row software.

After 30mins & a couple of calls, everything is much louder & the mic echo is present in speakerphone. Not noticed any speed improvements when switching to phone app. still takes a while to find network & when I went to the point in the house where i have best reception, it went on to 'no service sos call only'. I waited for a minute nothing happened, so I turned off & on the radio. been ok since then, but I have not moved!
    Last edited by MikeProcter; 10/13/2005 at 05:17 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes!
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
    You don't have to do all that to upgrade the firmware only.....just copy over the 7 firmware files and run the updater.
    Quote Originally Posted by joolsca
    You don't have to do all that to upgrade the firmware only.....just copy over the 7 firmware files and run the updater.
    joolsca, be more specific, do you mean that if you only update the FW you don't have to do the backup procedure, just copy over the 7 files using the Quick install application ?

Do you need to Hard reset before or after ?

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by dineau
    joolsca, be more specific, do you mean that if you only update the FW you don't have to do the backup procedure, just copy over the 7 files using the Quick install application ?

Do you need to Hard reset before or after ?

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    The very first post of this thread (Post #1) has 3 download options.
    Download the one called "Download Firmware 1.43 Update Only" which contains the files needed for the firmware only update.

Download it.
    Unzip the files
    Back up your treo
    Do a hard reset and go through the initial set up screens on the treo.
    Install the files from the unzip
    run the firmware installer
    Restore your back up.

The hard resest is precautionary only, to make sure you don't have programs that will screw up the firmware install and to make sure your memory is empte enough to complete the install.
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Here is how I did it:

1. Extract the 7 files to a folder on my SD-card using an SD reader
    2. Insert SD to Treo650 (ROW)
    3. Full backup of the device using BackupBuddy VFS
    4. Copy the 7 files from SD to RAM
    5. Execute the updater in Launcher on Treo
    6. Wait
    7. Wait
    8. Treo resets automatically after finished updating FW
    9. Enjoy your newfound volume and clarity on handset, speakerphone and BT headset

Nothing more - nothing less (ie no need to HR or def 'new user'..)

Alternatively step 1-4 could be done as follows:
    1. Full backup to SD card
    2. Hotsync the 7 files to your Treo
    5. Execute......

Have fun!
    JoranG
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    The very first post of this thread (Post #1) has 3 download options.
    Download the one called "Download Firmware 1.43 Update Only" which contains the files needed for the firmware only update.

Download it.
    Unzip the files
    Back up your treo
    Do a hard reset and go through the initial set up screens on the treo.
    Install the files from the unzip
    run the firmware installer
    Restore your back up.

The hard resest is precautionary only, to make sure you don't have programs that will screw up the firmware install and to make sure your memory is empte enough to complete the install.
    I have used this method, but it's important to copy the files in the Launcher folder which is a subfolder of the PALM folder. Everything went smooth and after a sync everything came back as before.
    Now hope that I will see the mentionned improvement of this FW, especially the volume improvement.
  20.    #60  
    Jorang,

I have posted an updated ROM on the first post.

Idian,

Your ROM is also there.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast