1.    #1  
    Looking for a pouch case for the Treo 650. Notice the Bellagio and the Sydney Harbour. The Bellagio looks a little wider but I like the magnetic closure. The Sydney Harbour looks slimmer but it has velcro instead of magnetic closure.

Anyone with experience with either case? Is there an alternative?
    The only case I've used is the Bellagio pouch case. It is a little clunky, but provides very good protection. I've dropped it twice and have had no repercussions. After a year of continuous use the case is unmarred and looks the same as the day I bought it. The magnetic closure has never failed.
  3. KAP
    Take a look at the RexRegina cases at www.RexRegina.com. We just begain offering these, and think they're a good alternative to the cases you referenced.

Kevin
  4.    #4  
    The RexRegina looks like a nice case but.... pricey and no clip. I'm also concerned that the Treo will fall out due to the absence of a retention strap.
  5. KAP
    There are two different cases for the Treo. One has a clip and a retention strap. The case that doesn't have the strap and clip, does have snug fit - the Treo won't fall out. You can see both case designs at http://www.rexregina.com/palmone1.htm.
    I like the nutshell. http://www.tuff-as-nuts.com/treo-650-belt-case.html

I got mine with a magnetic closure instead of velcro. Great customer service, and nice durable leather.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAP
    There are two different cases for the Treo. One has a clip and a retention strap. The case that doesn't have the strap and clip, does have snug fit - the Treo won't fall out. You can see both case designs at http://www.rexregina.com/palmone1.htm.

I understand there are two different cases for the Treo. I'm not a big fan of the horizontal cases. The vertical case does not have a clip. Again, they look nice but the vertical is more of a sleeve than a case.
    I like both cases. Just curious as to how long your company has been around. Thanks.
    Take a look at the RexRegina cases at www.RexRegina.com. We just begain offering these, and think they're a good alternative to the cases you referenced.

Kevin
    Nice looking cases. Like the others say, a clip would be nice for the vertical one. Especially one that holds the case tight to the body like the Nutshell but swivels just a bit.

As long as the case is snug, the treo won't fall out even without a strap.
    I really like covertec: http://www.covertec.com

I have been using their pouch for a year and it still looks and feels new. I get a lot of compliments on it.
  11. KAP
    gapost - Good points. The vertical case is, in fact, pretty snug. There were two drivers in making the decision to not put a clip on the vertical case. First was simply the dimensions of the Treo itself. When we developed some test models with the clip, it just wasn't as comfortable due to the length of the Treo in the vertical position - it tended to hang lower and bump into things more when the wearer was seated (cars and seatbelts were the more difficult situations). The horizontal configuration just seemed to function better and more comfortably.

Second, we wanted to offer a slimmer case option (that is, no clip hardware) for folks that didn't ordinarily wear their Treos on their belts. Some customers just prefer to put their phones in a computer bag, briefcase or purse. We wanted to offer those customers options, too. I have one of each. Sometimes I wear the case on my belt. Sometimes I can't be bothered, and just toss my Treo in my computer bag or in one of those great big pockets in a pair of cargo pants or shorts.

Hope this helps.

Kevin
    www.RexRegina.com
  12.    #12  
    gapost - Good points. The vertical case is, in fact, pretty snug. There were two drivers in making the decision to not put a clip on the vertical case. First was simply the dimensions of the Treo itself. When we developed some test models with the clip, it just wasn't as comfortable due to the length of the Treo in the vertical position - it tended to hang lower and bump into things more when the wearer was seated (cars and seatbelts were the more difficult situations). The horizontal configuration just seemed to function better and more comfortably.
    I don't think it will hang too low. I'm using a Seidio Holster and the clip is positioned to have the Treo ride no lower than my Razr did in a vertical pouch. I'm not a big fan of the detachable clips because they tend to carry the phone too far from the waist which, does cause it to snag easily.
  13. KAP
    coppertop - I agree with you on the clip issue. That, and the fact that clips with multiple pieces open one to the possibility of losing the clip pieces, caused us to stear away from that kind of clip solution.

As for the vertical vs. horizontal hang issue, it didn't strike us as an absolute right or wrong issue - we just saw general tendencies for the longer vertical hang to not be as comfortable as the horizontal position for the wearer. If you're happy with way your case works, that's all that really matters. Happy customers is what it's all about.

Kevin
    www.RexRegina.com
  14.    #14  
    I'll keep watch on your product line. I like the style and could see myself making a purchase if the option of a clip was available.
    You are right that some people want the sleek pouch case like the original 600 case. The Sydney vertical case is a quality version of that.

However, I am using a Nutshell case and it is similar to the Sydney pouch, but the Sydney is better looking. The Nutshell has a clip and holds it tight to your body. The only thing is, it doesn't swivel which makes it uncomfortable at times when you are sitting down. For me, the open-top pouch case is the best and most convienant.
    Coppertop et all,

I'll weigh in on this, I was a pre-launch tester for the RexRegina cases. I tested both the "Harrison" (vertical design, no belt clip, no strap) and "Stanton" (horizontal design, belt clip with strap with magnetic clip) models over several months and iterations.

On the "Harrison", I initially had the same concerns as you - would it be ok without a strap? As it turned out - no problem at all. The case was very snug - no way the Treo can pop out no matter hard my kids tried (and try they did!). Access to the rigner mute, radio and volume buttons while the phone is in the case were great features too.

I personally preferred and now use the "Stanton" case, but only because I am a belt-clip kind of guy. He had an early prototype that was a vertical belt clip, which as Kevin pointed out, it was very awkward sitting down / in a car. Since everything is integrated into the unit, I don't have to worry about clips breaking as they used to on my old Nokia (with the swivel clip). The horizontal design is great (for me) because allows access to the headset & volume controls while holstered.

As for the quality and finish of the products ... in a word excellent - I get a lot of comments on the look and feel of the case.

For the record, my wife and her friends all preferred the "Harrison" model - women don't seem to like the belt clip look!

Stan
    Does the RexRegina Harrison work with a 650 that has a silicon skin?
  18. KAP
    Quote Originally Posted by jlunny
    Does the RexRegina Harrison work with a 650 that has a silicon skin?
    We haven't tried this, but I suspect it's doubtful. The phone fits snugly in the case.

Kevin
    www.RexRegina.com