Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I haven't been able to find a review for the HBH-662. Can someone point me to a review, or if you have one, would you mind commenting on volume, static, and distance. And does it have vibrate?

I just got the Motorola HS-850. The sound quality seems to be better outdoors as far as the static, I would assume since there is no interference from electronics inside. The main dissapointment with the 850 is the volume level, which I find to be too low. It is somewhat uncomfortable to wear also, so I am loking into a replacement.

Thanks....
    There are many posts on the 662. Just type 662 into the search box and there will be a lot. I don't think the 662 has vibrate.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I have the 662 and like it, more now that I have done the 1.04 uprade for Verizon. Call quality seems better at both ends of the call. People that I have called have remarked a much better call quality from me with the BT headset. Seems I have more volume though I have no proof other than what I hear. I dont recall the caller ID working before the update but I see it does now.(Could be me not paying atttention because I thought I read it didnt work with the Treo)
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Thanks for the replies. I think I'm going to return the 850 and get the 662. I like the idea of the caller id, although at first I thought I wouldnt need it. I think overall the volume will be better on the 662 since I can always put an eargel on it.

For those using the 662 with the eargel, can you still use the earhook, or do you use the eargel without hook?
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF
    Thanks for the replies. I think I'm going to return the 850 and get the 662. I like the idea of the caller id, although at first I thought I wouldnt need it. I think overall the volume will be better on the 662 since I can always put an eargel on it.

For those using the 662 with the eargel, can you still use the earhook, or do you use the eargel without hook?
    I use the eargel without the hook. Works great. Make sure you get the right eargel, though. The clear ones at Radio Shack don't work well at all. The best one is the purple. I bought mine from eBay by getting a wired headset.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Do you have a link to the ear gels in question?

Bob
    If you are in the USA, drop by a local best buy and get the COLORED Jabra ear gels. You can't miss them, as they are usually sold next to all the other Jabra headset stuff. They fit better then the clear ones at radio shack as everyone has mentioned.

I tried the Mot 850, and the 662+eargels IMHO completely blows it away in sound quality in windy/noisy environments for both the speaker and the listener.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Was going to place my order for a 662 right now, but first, will the 662 ring, or just the phone and does it support auto answer/auto connect, or do I have to press the button?
    Last edited by WTF; 10/13/2005 at 02:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF
    Was going to place my order for a 662 right now, but first, will the 662 ring, or just the phone and does it support auto answer/auto connect, or do I have to press the button?
    1. yes the 662 will ring and is adjustable. I can't imagine having a bt headset that did not have some form of audible ringer, every bt headset I have does.

2. auto answer/connect?

if you mean manually transferring a call from the handset (via the handset) to the 662 without needing to hit the 662 button then yes.
    I have to ask...what is the difference between the clear Jabra eargels and the colored ones besides the color? They look to be made the same to me. I don't want to go buy a pack of the color ones to find they are the same thing (physically).
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    I used the white eargels first but after a month, they started to turn yellowish and it looked dirty and unsanitary in your ear. So I now used the purple ones. Didn't really see the difference between the two.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Actually from what I remember the clear ones I tried had something different about the base opening being slightly wider/looser then the colored ones.
    "Actually from what I remember the clear ones I tried had something different about the base opening being slightly wider/looser then the colored ones."

I bought the clear Jabras at the Shack. They fit the same as the 2 year old colored Jabras I already had. Comparing them sIde-by-side, they look EXACTLY the same (other than color). The opening to fit the earpeice is too small. I'll have to check out the Jabras at Best Buy.
    I bought the clear Jabras at the Shack. They fit the same as the 2 year old colored Jabras I already had. Comparing them sIde-by-side, they look EXACTLY the same (other than color). The opening to fit the earpeice is too small. I'll have to check out the Jabras at Best Buy.
    The colored ones I use have a split lip around the earpiece opening. Some people trim this off. I like it as it adds extra grip to the earpiece of the 662. The clear ones, which I bought from radio shack years ago, that I use on my wired headsets do not have this lip and seem looser to me (IMHO) when I tried them on my 662.

I was at a local BB today. Apparently they only have the clear ones now.

Either way, the Jabras are what make the 662 a very potent headset.

*edit* fixed the quote tag
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Is the 662 available in any stores or only on the internet?
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Good question. I still haven't ordered it, was sort of wavering between the 662 and the TWH since it is one less charger I'd have to be worried about. I have been looking to find the 662 locally, but I don't think you can get it any other place than online.
    Quote Originally Posted by eharty
    Is the 662 available in any stores or only on the internet?
    In the USA, I seriously doubt you will find the 662 at your typical retailer (eg, bestbuy). SE does not really push their accessory products to the mass retailers in the US. Which is why you'll only find the usual suspects like motorola, etc there.

The best prices for this are still the ebay regulars that flog BT equipment. That's where I got mine when they started bringing them state side.
    "The colored ones I use have a split lip around the earpiece opening. Some people trim this off. I like it as it adds extra grip to the earpiece of the 662. The clear ones, which I bought from radio shack years ago, that I use on my wired headsets do not have this lip and seem looser to me (IMHO) when I tried them on my 662."

Wow. That's opposite of what I've got. There must've been two versions of the colored ones. My two year old colored ones look like they were made from the same mold as the clear ones I bought from RS. I can force either one all the way on the 662, and they will both eventually come right off (after light handling of the 'assembly'). I'm going to have to check my local BB to see if they have a (newer) version of the colored gels. Neither the clear or colored set of gels I've got have that lip on them (I've seen pictures of ones with the lips in posts here - neither set of mine has that lip).

That said, I've been using mine with just the earhook for a couple of months. It's 'just' loud enough (although my hearing capabilities could be better). Loud enough for me to consider getting another one just for backup (to replace my other BT backups). When the battery gets low, I'd swap. As it is now, I occasionally charge the others, but never use them (Moto 850 & Logitech Mobile Freedom).
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Well, I think there is enough positive input on the 662, I just ordered it. Payed $75 shipped via FedEx with a 20 day return guarantee. Guess if I don't like it, it'll go back like the 850, then I'll try the TWH.
    Mine will not sync with my 650 anymore. I have no idea why. I am stuck using my old Jabra BT250 until I get a resolution. I'm thinking that I may just need a new one, which is unfortunate since I just bought the 662 less than 6 months ago...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast