Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    My father in law just got a treo 650. He's not real computer saavy, but he's in sales and thought it might help him organize things. That said.....

He wants to be able to get his AOL email on his Treo. Versamail does this....sort of. It receives mail fine, but it receives all emails including deleted ones. I found that setting up Outlook 2003 to use AOL IMAP and deleting the items ot does the same thing. Until I purge them. Deleting the emails via AOL doesn't purge them. It only marks them as deleted.

So my question is this. Does Versamail support a purge function through IMAP? If it does, hwo do I set it up or use it? If not, is there another app that will work with AOL IMAP and support purging?

Thanks

ps - After playing with his Treo, mine will be here Mon/Tues....
    ChatterEmail supports AOL and also provides true push in the bargain. It doesn't load deleted messages, and allows you to purge deleted messages with the "Expunge" command. Check it out at www.chatteremail.com.

Marc
    I am an AOL & Chatteremail user and can attest to Chatters's performance and Marc's support of his product. Its worth the money...GET IT!
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Try Aileron mail it is designed to help mobile users manage and balance their corporate and personal email management needs using one single handheld device, with bi-directional support for attachments. Aileron provides email management for individual users using Internet mail access protocols like POP3, IMAP4, with or without SSL, and also provides access to portal mailboxes like AOL, MSN/Hotmail, Yahoo, and Gmail.

Feel free to reach us at www.corsoft.com for a live and interactive chat support.
    Tim K
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    ChatterEmail supports AOL and also provides true push in the bargain. It doesn't load deleted messages, and allows you to purge deleted messages with the "Expunge" command. Check it out at www.chatteremail.com.

Marc
    Sounds good. I've seen nothing but good posts on the forum regarding Chattermail. I just happened across a post where you were ranting about AOL's IMAP standard vs IMAP. Wasn't sure if your app was supporting it now.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TimK
    Try Aileron mail it is designed to help mobile users manage and balance their corporate and personal email management needs using one single handheld device, with bi-directional support for attachments. Aileron provides email management for individual users using Internet mail access protocols like POP3, IMAP4, with or without SSL, and also provides access to portal mailboxes like AOL, MSN/Hotmail, Yahoo, and Gmail.

Feel free to reach us at www.corsoft.com for a live and interactive chat support.
    Looks nice, but will probably be more than he will want to pay. Esp yearly.
    I hate versamail. so, I am now trying snappermail. anyone have any comments on snappermail vs. chattermail?