1.    #1  
    I did a search and found some posts on this but didn't see a reason why it is happening and what to do to fix it. I'm on my 7th phone and finally got Cingular to send me a new one (no-referb). I started getting the standard Fatal Reset while running phone during phone calls but now I'm getting the following:

GSM.c, Line2236, Serial break condition occurred (indicating FW crash).

I called Cingular and they said to call Palm. Is it being caused by a 3rd party app or a loose SIM card?

I have never gotten this before and I haven't added any new 3rd party apps. I love this phone and don't mind the occasionally resets but I can't have it happed during phone calls. It happens at least once a day during a call.

Please help!!
    I started getting this from time to time after the Cingular firmware update... Didn't happen before the update so guessing it's a firmware bug like how it ignored your power settings.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    To clarify, doesn't happen to me during phone calls. Mainly when browsing theweb...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    I started getting this from time to time after the Cingular firmware update... Didn't happen before the update so guessing it's a firmware bug like how it ignored your power settings.
    Me too, exactly.