Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1.    #1  
    whenever i first try a data connection everyday( weather,email etc)the phone always hangs and i have to do a soft reset to actually get a data connection,this did not start happening until i installed snappermail,and i can't pin-point the problem(maybe a conflict of software?),does anyone know the cause for this??i hate having to do a reset everyday just to use my data connections and snappermail is to cool to live without,thx in advance!!
  2. #2  
    Do You use VolumeCare?
    I use Snappermail but also use Volumecare. It is only when I have Volume care enabled that I am unable to connect in the morning. I do not have to do a soft reset, just turn the phone off and then on.
  3. #3  
    for the love of God, this has been beaten to death in other discussions. One it is a network related issue. Two volumecare has nothing to do with this.
    Treoing & Loving it
  4. #4  
    GT51,Your comments are not constructive.

    If the problem is not associated with Volumecare:
    Explain why consistently when I have Volumecare enabled I cannot connect in the morning until I turn the phone off and on, whereas when I have Volumecare disabled I can consistently connect in the morning without having to turn the phone off and then on,

    I have this problem and you obviously do not. I have worked for weeks to try to resolve this with Jeff Gibson's help. It is as yet unresolved
    It is not necessarily a network problem as you suggest. More likely a software incompatibility issue.

    What I am trying to find out from Ljj 8503 is...Was he using Volumecare before he added Snappermail, and did not have the problem. And only when he added Snappermail, the problem surfaced.This information might be helpful in getting to the bottom of this problem.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    for the love of God, this has been beaten to death in other discussions. One it is a network related issue. Two volumecare has nothing to do with this.
    i beg to disagree with you ...if you were paying attention i said "...didnt start happening UNTIL i installed snappermail.." which disregards what you said, please lets be alert when responding so we can have more meaningful posts instead of the sarcasm. i do have volumecare so that might be it, thanks to all the "helpful" posts!!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by hshimans
    What I am trying to find out from Ljj 8503 is...Was he using Volumecare before he added Snappermail, and did not have the problem. And only when he added Snappermail, the problem surfaced.This information might be helpful in getting to the bottom of this problem.
    yes i did have volumecare(and enabled) BEFORE i installed snappermail, and i didnt have this problem UNTIL i installed snappermail....you may be on to something here.
  7. #7  
    FYI, I am the second poster in the original post discussing this problem. I have both VC & Snapper, so despite what you may think I do knwo what I am talking about. I cannot explain your prticulat situation, and I cannot explain way users who have never used VC also complain from this issue. U.S. users who had connection problems had perfect connections when they travelled overseas. Please read the other post before you blame VC and accuse others of ignorance.
    Treoing & Loving it
  8. #8  
    It absolutely astounds me that there are SO MANY jerks on this forum. GT5l certainly is not the only one, and you others know who you are.
    The interesting thing is, these arrogant know it alls all seem to have about 10 posts per day, EVERY DAY since joining! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, GET A LIFE.

    The point of a forum like this is to help others out. The nature of a forum like this is that as beginners, it is a nice place to go to learn. As experts, it is a nice place to go to help out others.

    I seriously think that anyone on this forum who answers a legitamite question with ANY remark other than constructive help, should save their breath. We know you are fat, ugly, haven't had a girlfriend in 5 years, and live alone, playing video games all night long, after you return home from your jobs at McDonalds flipping burgers.

    Now, to perhaps make this a constructive thread, again:

    I have Volume Care and Snappermail. Many morning's I have to soft reset, and EVERY morning my 650 "hangs", after some automated data downloads in the early AM. This didn't used to happen, and I think I updated Volumecare recently, and wonder if there may actually be something to this....
    Any constructive input would be appreciated!

    (and NO, I didn't do a search on this subject before posting, and DUTCHTRUMPET, just save your "breath" suggesting that I do in the future!)
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by bgeiger
    It absolutely astounds me that there are SO MANY jerks on this forum. GT5l certainly is not the only one, and you others know who you are.
    The interesting thing is, these arrogant know it alls all seem to have about 10 posts per day, EVERY DAY since joining! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, GET A LIFE.

    The point of a forum like this is to help others out. The nature of a forum like this is that as beginners, it is a nice place to go to learn. As experts, it is a nice place to go to help out others.

    I seriously think that anyone on this forum who answers a legitamite question with ANY remark other than constructive help, should save their breath. We know you are fat, ugly, haven't had a girlfriend in 5 years, and live alone, playing video games all night long, after you return home from your jobs at McDonalds flipping burgers.

    Now, to perhaps make this a constructive thread, again:

    I have Volume Care and Snappermail. Many morning's I have to soft reset, and EVERY morning my 650 "hangs", after some automated data downloads in the early AM. This didn't used to happen, and I think I updated Volumecare recently, and wonder if there may actually be something to this....
    Any constructive input would be appreciated!

    (and NO, I didn't do a search on this subject before posting, and DUTCHTRUMPET, just save your "breath" suggesting that I do in the future!)
    MODS, Please ban this individual.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by bgeiger
    Now, to perhaps make this a constructive thread, again
    Here is something constructive, maybe you are just too dumb to figure out first how to use the community forums and second how to find out what is the cause of the problem on your Treo. Best of luck getting around here.
    Treoing & Loving it
  11. #11  
    I doubt if it's VolumeCare, but you could check with Jeff Gibson in the developer forum. He is very helpful.

    Snappermail is my guess, although I do not use it. Have you read any of the snappermail threads in the communications forum? I recall reading about some issues. . . .

    Try removing snappermail from your Treo, if the problem goes away, then you have an avenue to pursue.

    Cheers, Perry.
  12. #12  
    I'll remove snappermail tonight, and see what happens. Thanks for your constructive advice! I'm an ER physician, and I just havn't come to trust my Palm yet with critical programs, schedules, and numbers, because of these small issues, and frankly just don't have the time to search the forum for the answers.
    Cute kid!
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by bgeiger
    I'll remove snappermail tonight, and see what happens. Thanks for your constructive advice! I'm an ER physician, and I just havn't come to trust my Palm yet with critical programs, schedules, and numbers, because of these small issues, and frankly just don't have the time to search the forum for the answers.
    Cute kid!
    Thanks! (Cute = Mother's side) She's now 15 and in drivers ed.

    I have had Palms for almost 10 years, they have all been rock solid. I would not be shy about trusting your Treo with programs and data. But, just in case:

    1. Hotsync often so your data is backed up.
    2. Get a backup program like BackupBuddy VFS. This backs up your data to the SD card for on the fly backups and restores(away from your PC) if that is necessary.
    3. Look into products like mSafe. (My treo knows more about me than I do and should I lose it or if it is stolen -- I can text message it to lock or erase itself.) Using a power on password is a pain, but you decide on that. (I use one.)
    4. Most issues arise from added software . . . .
    Last edited by gtwo; 10/10/2005 at 01:10 PM.
  14. #14  
    give the guy a break guys. No need for ban.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    give the guy a break guys. No need for ban.
    "I seriously think that anyone on this forum who answers a legitamite question with ANY remark other than constructive help, should save their breath. We know you are fat, ugly, haven't had a girlfriend in 5 years, and live alone, playing video games all night long, after you return home from your jobs at McDonalds flipping burgers."

    To come into a forum and ask a question without searching "cause i don't have time to search" and then make comments like the above? Nope, that deserves at least a warning.
  16. #16  
    the funny thing is he was insulting himself, I am doctor too.
    Treoing & Loving it
  17. #17  
    daThomas, who asked you, anyway???
    If anyone is curious about the character of this daThomas individual, just visit his homepage...

    Here is the link, directly from his profile: http://askthecouch.com/

    Sorry, but if you want to "warn" or "ban" me, I think I can live with that. However, I truly believe you are loosing more members because they are afraid to ask a question, by allowing arrogant responses, which are in effect "flaming", but apparently tolerated when directed at a novice...

    Yeah, I have a whopping 4 posts and have been a member for nearly an eternity (since August 2005), but I do read the forum every day, and have found many answers to my problems, withougt having to post. There have been several references to ignorance in this thread. Perhaps the users of that word ought to look up the definition. Yeah, I am ignorant with regard to the nuances of the TREO 650 and the software. That is why I am here!!! That is why this forum exists, Einsteins!
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by bgeiger
    daThomas, who asked you, anyway???
    If anyone is curious about the character of this daThomas individual, just visit his homepage...

    Here is the link, directly from his profile: http://askthecouch.com/
    You have a problem with AskTheCouch.com?
  19. #19  
    it is one thing to respond to a newbie in a constructive & "nice" way but to be that arrogant is not needed...
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljj8503
    yes i did have volumecare(and enabled) BEFORE i installed snappermail, and i didnt have this problem UNTIL i installed snappermail....you may be on to something here.
    I just put together a new build of VolumeCare (This should be concidered a test build at this point). It is mainly for new corporate customers because of the new licensing features, but it also has some code in here that may address the issues being talked about there. Not sure because I can not reproduce the problem. Can a few of you give it a try and report your findings? Again, I realize VolumeCare is linked to this issue but I can not see how VC is responsible for the Network issues.

    Jeff
    Attached Files Attached Files
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions