Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bgeiger
    daThomas, who asked you, anyway???
    If anyone is curious about the character of this daThomas individual, just visit his homepage...
    Here is the link, directly from his profile:<snip>
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    You have a problem with AskTheCouch.com?
    dathomas can run or refer to whatever website he wants... but a warning that it's not "work-friendly" might have been a good idea.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    dathomas can run or refer to whatever website he wants... but a warning that it's not "work-friendly" might have been a good idea.
    Ok, NOT work appropriate.

I repeat, just what is this supposed to say about my "character"!?!?
    Having Sprint and never used any of Jeff Gibson's programs on my current build, here's what has worked for me (so far) to stop the 650 data disconnect issue:

1) turn on Bluetooth and enable Dial Up Networking

2) get back into Bluetooth and DISable Dial Up Networking

No resets necessary, data has been solid ever since. I have a hunch it may be like the elusive reappearing "system sounds" issue with these phones. Maybe NVFS doesn't sync correctly at times, leaving wierd issues appearing at random?

Whatever the reason, try toggling the dial up networking and see if it fixes the issue (at least until it begins again). Small price to pay for a removeable battery, I guess...
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    I disabled snapper last night, and left my version of Volume care, 4.30, (a program I rely on MUCH more that I do Snappermail!). This morning I had the same problem, there was some type of a hang up. BUT, and I say again, BUT it appears as if the hangup was caused somehow by an automated download taking place during the same time as an automated e-mail download by snappermail. All I had to do was manually end one download manually, and the other completed just fine. No soft re-set necessary.

Funny thing is, with snappermail loaded, this was not apparent, as the whole system just crashed. So it appears as if, at least in my case, Volume care is not the culprit (thanks Jeff for your response--I hope this helps), and maybe it is Snappermail conflicting with something. I can live without snappermail, though I will continue to play with it.

Oh, and Dr. gt5l, for the love of god, it ISN'T a network related issue! Oh, and a hint: Real Doctors generally DON't refer to themselves in a manor like " I am a Doctor", and generally refer to themselves as physicians, radiologists, gynocologists, poctologists (I'm sure YOU know why they are needed!), ect.
    Sorry, Doc.
    I turned off the snappermail option to move mail to the card and it seemed to resolve my issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by bgeiger
    poctologists
    Is that a new specialty? If you would just quit being stubborn and look at the other forum, you would realize that others without Snapper or VC are also having this problem. Maybe you need a "poctologist" to pull your head out of your rectum doc!
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad
    Having Sprint and never used any of Jeff Gibson's programs on my current build, here's what has worked for me (so far) to stop the 650 data disconnect issue:

1) turn on Bluetooth and enable Dial Up Networking

2) get back into Bluetooth and DISable Dial Up Networking

No resets necessary, data has been solid ever since. I have a hunch it may be like the elusive reappearing "system sounds" issue with these phones. Maybe NVFS doesn't sync correctly at times, leaving wierd issues appearing at random?

Whatever the reason, try toggling the dial up networking and see if it fixes the issue (at least until it begins again). Small price to pay for a removeable battery, I guess...
    FYI, tried your suggestion and didn't work. Actually, yesterday I had no connection problems for the first time in a month. Then, tried your suggestion today and back to the same old problems
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12