1.    #1  
    Hi,
    Anyone uses this leather pouch? http://www.wirelessground.com/tr650600depo.html

Any feedback to share?

Thanks !!
    first time i've seen this.
    seems like a pain to get the phone out during an incoming call
    Hmmm, thats actually kinda nice. I may have to whip out the AMEX card.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn
    Hmmm, thats actually kinda nice. I may have to whip out the AMEX card.
    Yah ... I like that kind of pouch too. :-)
    Really consider to get it.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    If anyone gets this, please let us know if there's room in there for a "skinned" Treo. Thanks.
    I ordered one, should have it in a few days. I'll post back here when it arrives.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    always be Honolulu, HI
  8.    #8  
    Thanks cgordonn.
    Looking forward to hearing your feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by dshooter
    Thanks cgordonn.
    Looking forward to hearing your feedback.
    I take it you have a vested interest in this case. Your original post made it sound like you weren't related to the process. I find that a little misleading.

-WC-
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by WildCard
    I take it you have a vested interest in this case. Your original post made it sound like you weren't related to the process. I find that a little misleading.

-WC-
    Nope ... no vested interest. But, of course, it's up to you to interpret.

I was only looking for feedback from anyone who may have used this pouch as you can see from my first post. And I still am.
    So, I am lucky that cgordonn decided to buy it right after he saw the post, and thus I thanked him. No vested interest whatsoever.
    Well, got my pouch in the mail today. Its a very nice pouch and appears to be quite well made. Nice, straight and tight stiching. The outside layer of leather is a very dark brown with a smooth, matt finish and the inside layer is a light camel color, stiching is also a camel colored thread. The leather is soft...glove soft...both inside and out. Its not a stiff case, all sides are softsided and the case retains its shape due to its pouch style design.

There are two ways of attaching the case to ones belt. First is a swivel clasp at the top of the case that can be attached to someones jeans/pants belt loop. Second is to run ones belt though the leather belt loop on the case itself. The leather strap that makes this loop is fastended at one end with 2 snap closures and riveted in place at the top of the case to form the belt loop. A continuation of the strap flips over the case opening and is secured with friction to a smaller leather loop on the front of the case. All the metal hardware on the case has an antique brass finish.

The room inside the case for the Treo is not too tight and the Treo slides in and out easily, but with just a light amount of friction. Emen8 asked in a previous post if this case would work with a skinned Treo. While the case will "give" a bit, I think it may be difficult to get a skinned Treo in and out of the case easily. We all know that a silicone skin is tacky and wont slide very well in a leather case.

I think it a nice case to wear on a daily basis with jeans or business casual type clothing. Because its not a stiff case, I dont think it offers enough protection if you and your Treo require a higher degree of protection due to an industrial work enviroment. If I had to suggest one change, it would be to sandwitch some type of stiffener between the layers of leather on the front and back of the case. This would provide some degree of impact resistence for the Treo's screen.

Thats my review =)
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Thanks CGordonn. I'll have to go with the Seidio case for a skinned Treo.
  13.    #13  
    Thanks for sharing CGordonn.
    I am going to find a way to get this, as apparently, I checked last week, they don't ship to Singapore. Need to get a friend in the US to help get this for me.