1.    #1  
    Ok... just got my new Treo 650 from Cingular. Any advice on what essentials will be needed? I've got a SEIDIO holster coming as well as screen protectors. I've got tons of SD cards as well.

I am familiar with the Palm OS, are there any distinctions between the Treo and any other Palm device?

I plan to install Avantgo and a couple of games on the Treo, any software titles?

Also, how do you install ringtones? I think I read that you can't use MP3 ringtones but can you install additional tones?
    you can use mp3 ringtones with the addition of software titles such as, mring, ringopro, lightwave, etc.
    For ringtones, you may want to check out a product called Lightwav by Toysoft.

Cheers
  4.    #4  
    I was reading the little "information card" enclosed with my Treo stating that bluetooth dialup was not available but an update was being developed for release. Any news on this?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Apply the 1.15 firmware update from Cingular so you have a Treo that doesn't suck ;-)

Seriously, it's that good. Plus it enables Bluetooth DUN.
    -Craig J.

Visor Platinum -= Clie T615CS -= treo 600 -=treo 650 -= Tilt
    "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. "
    -Douglas Adams
    If you own a prior Palm device . . . . do not sync directly to your prior userid to upgrade to the 650. . . you will create a brick. The 650 does not like prior software settings brought forward in this manner.

Do a last hotsync with your old device.
    Install the 650 desktop from it's CD
    Rename your backup folder backupold.
    (Programs>Palm>userid>backup . . . . . . to backupold)
    Hotsync your 650 to your userid
    You will now have your PIM data but no 3rd party software on the 650.
    (PIM = tasks, memos, appointments, contacts. . . .)
    Install third party software form scratch, not from a backup.
    You should be good to go.

If you are going to use Docs to Go: save 4mb of internal memory:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...0&page=1&pp=20

Cheers, Perry.
    Or convert your ringtunes to .wav format. The Treo happily uses them as ringtones without any hacks.