1.    #1  
    Since Apple launched iSync I have used the SE T68i, Treo 600 (with Hotsync), PDA2k (with Missing Sync) and SE K700i.

The sync is so quick and simple with the SE phones. I just launch isync and click sync. That's it. If the phones in the room it sync's and is done in 5-10 seconds.

My memory of the Treo 600 was of some ugly Hotsync software that required me to plug in my phone to a cable, and press the button on the cable.

I'm now considering the Treo 650 (a compromise through lack of really inspiring products) but I would really appreciate it if someone could reassure me of the following:

I want to be able to launch iSync, press Sync, and very quickly (in a few seconds) it will complete the sync process with the Treo 650 via Bluetooth provided the Treo is within range.

If this is true - which is better - Palms Hotsync/desktop or The Missing Sync in terms of speed and seamless function?

If the process is still as crude as with the Treo 600 I might just stick with SE phones. I'm hoping that all that Hotsync stuff was because of having to use a USB cable because they forgot to add Bluetooth to the Treo 600!
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I have a brand new pbook with BT 2.0 and a treo 650 and my old SE 710a synced FAST, a couple seconds, but my treo sometimes it is 4 minutes or so and sometimes I am late for dinner it takes so long...so if speed over BT is important this may not be the one for you.
    I am looking at a similar issue. Using a T-650 and attempting to sync with my brand new i-Mac. What is the deal with it not syncing certain conduits? It removed my contacts and memo file from the i-sync. Is anyone experiencing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by bilbo__baggins
    Since Apple launched iSync I have used the SE T68i, Treo 600 (with Hotsync), PDA2k (with Missing Sync) and SE K700i.

The sync is so quick and simple with the SE phones. I just launch isync and click sync. That's it. If the phones in the room it sync's and is done in 5-10 seconds.

My memory of the Treo 600 was of some ugly Hotsync software that required me to plug in my phone to a cable, and press the button on the cable.

I'm now considering the Treo 650 (a compromise through lack of really inspiring products) but I would really appreciate it if someone could reassure me of the following:

I want to be able to launch iSync, press Sync, and very quickly (in a few seconds) it will complete the sync process with the Treo 650 via Bluetooth provided the Treo is within range.

If this is true - which is better - Palms Hotsync/desktop or The Missing Sync in terms of speed and seamless function?

If the process is still as crude as with the Treo 600 I might just stick with SE phones. I'm hoping that all that Hotsync stuff was because of having to use a USB cable because they forgot to add Bluetooth to the Treo 600!
    Bilbo, what are you syncing? Just iCals and Addressbook? Do you have a huge database?

I use Missing Sync, and when I'm syncing iCals and Addressbook it takes me about 28 seconds to complete a BT Hotsync. For me, that's not a painfully long time. It defintely takes less time if you want to whip out the usb wire.

I would read this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=92667 to catch up on what you can and can't do with your Treo and Mac.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650