Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lulugirl896
    I was a huge fan of ZLauncher, but it had gotten too large (2MB!) and too distracting, so now I've gone back to the default launcher. I'm having a real problem, though, with not being able to see my apps on the card.
    Get PowerRun. It duplicates ZLauncher's SDCard abilities, and works with pretty much ANY launcher out there.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    Initiate and 2day I have found nothing that compares. I deleted zlauncher after trying initiate. I wonder too why more people aren't using initiate.
    Try reading a few posts up.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    I've been using ZLauncher for quite some time and sometimes when my 650 resets, the zlauncherdb file gets currupt (I assume) and it goes back to the default settings. I then have to go into BackupBuddy and do a restore.

Has this happened to anyone else?
    I've got it pretty highly customized with a jpg as a background and million other apps installed.. mostly on the card.

Anyone know where I can find the latest beta? or when the next update is comming out?
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
  4. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUES
    I've been using ZLauncher for quite some time and sometimes when my 650 resets, the zlauncherdb file gets currupt (I assume) and it goes back to the default settings. I then have to go into BackupBuddy and do a restore.

Has this happened to anyone else?
    I've got it pretty highly customized with a jpg as a background and million other apps installed.. mostly on the card.

Anyone know where I can find the latest beta? or when the next update is comming out?
    While it's possible that ZL's preferences are getting corrupted (I think this has happened to me once), it's probably more likely that what you're seeing is your global saved and/or unsaved preferences getting lost. This would also affect any other apps, prefs for the system itself, and your registration codes. It's pretty common for these files to get lost in a reset. If only ZL is affected then maybe it's just the ZL file getting corrupted, but the chances of it happening so often seem smaller.
    Quote Originally Posted by wernst
    Get PowerRun. It duplicates ZLauncher's SDCard abilities, and works with pretty much ANY launcher out there.

-Warr
    I have PowerRun. I guess I should try and move those apps via P.R.
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    LauncherX 1.1.1, Butler and McPhling.
    Very Happy. Bulletproof.

BTW, see my Avatar
    No launcher, plain Sprint Treo 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by PSM
    ... This would also affect any other apps, prefs for the system itself, and your registration codes. ...
    Yes, that's what's happening. All other apps also loose their preferances.
    I guess I immediatly do a restore, and forget about the other apps are affected.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    I haven't lost [Un]Saved Preferences or ZL* files since using rlock and locking 'all' my resident programs and ZLauncher, about 2.3M worth.

If you haven't, look around for Resco Locker threads for tips and try it.
    ZLauncher (a must have) and McPhling (activated with the side button).
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUES
    Yes, that's what's happening. All other apps also loose their preferances.
    I guess I immediatly do a restore, and forget about the other apps are affected.
    same problem with me, but I did a hard reset and reinstalled all applications, and then reformatted my sd card. It took a bit, but it was well worth it. I also just copied the entire sd card folders to my pc as a backup just in case.
    Now my palm is solid except for the occasional resets when hotsyncing.
    Iniciate is my new favorite launcher
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by MediaMgl
    I am on a trial with ZLauncher -- so far so good.
    I was happy with ZLauncher and decided to stick with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadlyAlive
    With Facer Pro, is there a way to remove to "All" & "Unfiled" categories. One reason I loved LauncherX so much is that I did not have those and I could do an "Other" category with stuff I don't want to see and just hide it.
    Hiding categoreies may be a feature in Facer 3

I personally use Facer 2 on my Treo, Facer 3 beta on my T5, and working on getting support for the QDA with Facer. I like it.

I played with Initate and liked the concept, just ran out of energy to figure it out. Facer played the "its too simple" card. And from there its adding things. I like that aspect.

ZL is indeed powerful, but comes very close to being the PalmOS itself. Not a bad thing, just I like to spend more time using my device, rather than configuring it.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    I am using zlauncher with a Palm Cobalt theme I got from IRC and modified it a little. I also modified Mobile Clock to look like the zlauncher theme I am using.

Chuck
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Im thinking that I will probably dump Silver Screen after my trial of Zlauncher. My question is about loading it on a custom ROM. I have seen that it can be done, but it seems to like to write to itself quite a bit, my copy has swelled to over 4mb. Would i have to have it set up exactly how i want it and then put that version in my ROM?
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I have Facer 3 and Launcher X, the both are real nice I guess. I really haven't decided what I would rather have or rather use, going to try I8 just for some fun. How do I get the tabs to be different colors on Launcher X?

I had a hard reset last night, and when I started using Facer 3 again it just began resetting the 650 every time I turned it on and every time that I used the home key and every time that I hit my hard key that I programmed to open eReader. So I installed ZLauncher and I love it, its wonderful launcher, fast and stable and looks great, now if I could just find some more free themes like one that looks like a Mac that would be great! Does anyone know how to organize the tabs, I still haven't gotten that working yet, I want to hide the All tab.......
    Last edited by iramike; 04/19/2006 at 02:01 PM.
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    - McPhling for most frequently (and recently) used apps;
    - PetitLauncher for those used often but less frequently;
    - Applications (the built-in launcher) -- for the rest.
    Pilot Pro > 2Mb+IrDA upgrade > Clie T615C > Treo 650
    Using Launcher X and never had any problems at all. Love it!
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Initiate and I am very happy with it
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast